1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire swap-out question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bagster, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Jul 10, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    bagster

bagster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I don't like the looks of the Dunlop At20's on my 2010 Prerunner, and from everything I've read, the tires flat out suck.
    My '92 Isuzu Rodeo is on its second set of BF Goodriches and they seem to be great tires. If I go to a Goodrich dealer to swap, what BFG tire should I buy, and how much trade-in should I expect?

2. Jul 10, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Trade in? Not much. Either go with the BFG A/T or consider the Hankook Dynapro if you don't want to spend a fortune.

3. Jul 10, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    Dont get me wrong , I got a winter set of tires, but the at/20s dont suck. People seem to say that to justify getting new tires........thats in reference to using the tires on road and gravel roads or in snow. They never were meant to be for 4-wheeling. I Aired my at20s down to 28psi first winter and did surprisingly well in the snow, didnt lose control in ice either.

If you like the BFGs go with them again. youll get little for trade in , theyll tell you they are swamped with toyota rims/tires.... true or not. Sell the set on craigs list or perhaps here in TW and you'll get more money.

4. Jul 10, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    Craigslist sale may be your best bet for your current tires... I don't know that many would want them here. I have the same tires on my truck and I don't wheel but I do go light off-road periodically for fishing/camping/hiking/etc. I can say these tires suck even for that light duty. On-road they're ok, rain performance has been adequate and we don't get enough regular snow here for me to know much about that. The few snows/ices we got last year I was able to handle easily enough, although I chalk that up more to my careful driving than the tires.

BFG makes a good tire, just not sure what type you're looking for. Highway/All season/Touring type? Moderate A/T? Beefy A/T? I'm assuming since you have a Prerunner you're not looking for M/Ts?

I'm looking for a moderate A/T to fit what I do above but don't have any BFGs in my list. For my needs I'm looking at either Michelin LTX AT2 ($$$$), Firestone Destination AT, Hakook Dynapros or Yokahoma Geolanders.

You can find a ton of information about a variety of BFGs and the ones listed above here... lots of threads discussing and comparing them to one another.

Products Discussed in

To Top