Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

gun metal?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
gun metal?

hey yall.

Has any one ever painted there stock TRD sport wheels.. gun metal? I have a silver extended cab, and I can't decide to paint them gloss black or gun metal. So if any one could show some pictures of silver with the gun metal it would help alot!!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
It would look good IMO
Old 07-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
Well shooot. I guess ill start this trend then! ha, Oswego! thats a mighty good scratch you got there. The only reason im painting mine, is because there starting to corrode and get nasty.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i think it would look great. my wheels are starting to get beat up. i've been thinking about doing a flat or semi closs grey for a while now. can't wait to see how yours turn out.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
Haha. okay! Ill post pics once I get them done. ( should be in the next week or so.)
Old 07-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My rims are painted gun metal. I had them black but they just kept getting dirty.
I dont have any pics but ill take some today and post them up here.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
PLEASE DO!!!!!!! I want to see this!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
this is how my rims came out.
i used krylon fusion paint. it was a hammered gray.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery

It is not a sport wheel, but pretty dead on match to the gun metal/ anthracite color with a silver truck.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
Ehhhh, Im starting to re-think the gun metal, its a good choice say for.. red or blue. but idk about the silver. lol
Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJones View Post

It is not a sport wheel, but pretty dead on match to the gun metal/ anthracite color with a silver truck.
You shold paint your rear bumper to match the wheels.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
You shold paint your rear bumper to match the wheels.

I do need to do something about the chrome bumper. Its a toss up between, black, gun metal like the wheels or color matched to the truck.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #13
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
on your truck, i say color match the bumper. gun metal would be so close that it would look like a paint shop mismatched your color