Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New General Grabber tire, developed from off road racing

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
New General Grabber tire, developed from off road racing

Anyone driving on the new General Grabbers, yet? The DOT approved, modified for highway use tire looks hot! Would like to hear from Tacoma owners if they have them on...

Old 07-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
some big ass tread on that.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
really feeling that red lettering
Old 07-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen them in person they are Badass Made really well. Great for anyone wanting a high performance tire for the dirt. They are on one of the workers truck at SDHQ. She loves them. The one thing is they are not cheap.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
I saw someone on here with not too long ago with his new wheels
Old 07-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
The special, exclussive deal with 4 Wheel Parts expires in August... I hope that competition will allow the price to come down... $219 per tire is a bit high.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Navy: ABH
Bart's Tacoma Gallery
I will stick with my AT2's
Old 07-31-2010, 05:30 AM   #9
mkerros has a spectacular aura aboutmkerros has a spectacular aura about
Navy: aviation electricians mate 2nd class
Name: Mike
mkerros's Tacoma Gallery
the red letters would go really well with my color theme of my truck.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #10
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, any more info on these?

I'm looking to get some 35's to replace my tires. Any knowledge on how these perform on rocks/ mud?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #11
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
i was gonna buy these, but 4wp said theyre on back order till early Oct.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #12

David K's Tacoma Gallery
No surprise... I think we all would like to be the first Tacos on the block with tires made for off road racing (modified for highway use)... I know I am!
I want to know if they are very noisy and if they will drive in sand better than mud tires. Looking forward to TW reports and road tests by the magazines.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #13
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here's a pair of 35's in sand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFXmY...eature=related
Old 08-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #14

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for that... several more clips linked from yours... including this General Tire clip showing B.J. Baldwin, in action!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hRku...layer_embedded
Old 08-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #15

[quote=David K;2042517]Thanks for that... several more clips linked from yours... including this General Tire clip showing B.J. Baldwin, in action!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hRku...ded[/quote]
thats an actual race tire tho. its different then the ones at 4wp
Old 08-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #16
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
if all goes as planned, I will have a set of 33s here next week

I wanted 35s, but they are on back order.

Justin
Old 08-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Tacomanator;2043068]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
T
thats an actual race tire tho. its different then the ones at 4wp
Actually the Comp tires and the DOT Approved tires are the same thing. Same rubber compound sizes. The only difference is that the DOT ones the edge of the tire has grooves to make it quitter on the the road and help with rain. They just meet the requirements s you can run them. Camburg is selling them now and they have a whole thread on DR about them. Also two of the SDHQ trucks have them on them. THey will be my next tire
Old 08-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #18

David K's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=amaes;2044635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post

Actually the Comp tires and the DOT Approved tires are the same thing. Same rubber compound sizes. The only difference is that the DOT ones the edge of the tire has grooves to make it quitter on the the road and help with rain. They just meet the requirements s you can run them. Camburg is selling them now and they have a whole thread on DR about them. Also two of the SDHQ trucks have them on them. THey will be my next tire
DR ?
SDHQ ?

Thanks for help on the codes. DOT is easy enough as most have heard of the Dept. of Transportation.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #19
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
DR-http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/content/
SDHQ-http://www.superduty-hq.com/
Old 08-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #20

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks... never heard of them.