LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Would you run retreat tires?

View Poll Results: would you run retread tires and where?
yeah why not 2 66.67%
nope ef that noise 1 33.33%
only off road where they wont go fast 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
Ah yeah that guy
sctrdtaco03 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 44th mxs (Crew Chief)
Name: scott
sctrdtaco03's Tacoma Gallery
Question Would you run retreat tires?

I have been doing some research on these it seems like they have come along way. Most semis use retreads airlines use them, but not much for the car market. I under stand that a car tire is made less robust then a truck or airline tire but passenger retreads only get done once and they are approved by the DOT if they are legit.

so I think I would run them with what I have seen. I think you would be at more chance to blow out a tire at 10psi on the highway then running a retread.

So I wanted to see yall's opions about them would you run retreads or not and where you would.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:28 AM   #2
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I figure that it would probably be OK for me to run them....but I would never do it. I'll spend a little more money and get brand new tires.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #3
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
This has been covered at length.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...hlight=retread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...hlight=retread