Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel Backspacing and Offset Info

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #281
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks KPT
Old 05-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #282
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
2.5 more than stock.

0.5 from bs, 2" from width
What's the offset on your wheels -12?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #283
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsik View Post
What's the offset on your wheels -12?
On my wheels? +10 mm
Old 05-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #284
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On my wheels? +10 mm
Oh wow they look like at least 0
Old 05-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #285
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh wow they look like at least 0
It's because they are 9" wide, so they stick out the same as an 8" wide wheel with 0 offset
Old 05-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #286
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Ah ok I just got 18x9 with 0 offset. Was trying to go with a set up like yours.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #287
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
I imagine they will stick out half an inch more than yours?
Old 05-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #288
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I imagine they will stick out half an inch more than yours?
Yep!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #289
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep!
Awesome. Thanks KPT
Old 05-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #290
N8iV Warrior is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
N8iV Warrior's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 6" fabatech lift and you will need a -12 offset as you can see on my fuel hostages and i do rub and have had to do a cab chop mount. all i did was use a sawz all you can see pics and sizes in my profile.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #291
Just Enjoy Life!!
Fern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: San Antonio Fire Department
Name: Fernando
Fern's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking of getting bigger wheels. Specs are:
18x9 +18 offset 5.71" backspace with 265/65 or 285/65. Would I have any issues? I'm guessing these would stick out less than my current setup.

My current setup is 17x9 -12 offset 4.5" backspace with 265/70. Havent had any issues whatsoever.

Other options considering are 275/65 or 275/70 with 18x9
Old 06-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #292
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
I was thinking of getting bigger wheels. Specs are:
18x9 +18 offset 5.71" backspace with 265/65 or 285/65. Would I have any issues? I'm guessing these would stick out less than my current setup.

My current setup is 17x9 -12 offset 4.5" backspace with 265/70. Havent had any issues whatsoever.

Other options considering are 275/65 or 275/70 with 18x9
Those have more backspacing than stock. You might even rub with the 265s
Old 06-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #293
Just Enjoy Life!!
Fern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: San Antonio Fire Department
Name: Fernando
Fern's Tacoma Gallery
18x9 0mm offset 5" backspace with 285/65. Will it rub anywhere?
I know they will stick out 1/2" less than my current setup.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #294
georgia taco is on a distinguished road
georgia taco's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys i have a quick question
i have a 2010 offroad edition
i want to run 265/75/16 on these http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...2&wd=16&rw=8.5

im not wanting to lift it or anything but would the width of 8.5 be trouble? also it says 18MTB, would these work?

sorry im just real confused and dont want to purchase something wrong thankyou
Old 06-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #295
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
18x9 0mm offset 5" backspace with 285/65. Will it rub anywhere?
I know they will stick out 1/2" less than my current setup.
Yes, but should clear the ucas, barely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia taco View Post
hey guys i have a quick question
i have a 2010 offroad edition
i want to run 265/75/16 on these http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...2&wd=16&rw=8.5

im not wanting to lift it or anything but would the width of 8.5 be trouble? also it says 18MTB, would these work?

sorry im just real confused and dont want to purchase something wrong thankyou
You should be good to go on those if they clear the caliper. Many aftermarket 16s do not. As for the 8.5", check the tire manufacturers website to see if their 265/75 is approved for 8.5
Old 06-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #296
georgia taco is on a distinguished road
georgia taco's Tacoma Gallery
so would bumping up to a 17inch be better for clearing the calipers?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #297
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia taco View Post
so would bumping up to a 17inch be better for clearing the calipers?
It just depends on the brand. Try to find someone on this stie who is running them, then you will know if they clear.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #298
tacoma07pre is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
tacoma07pre's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking at 17x8 rims with either +10mm or-13mm offset and wondering which one would work better. I think I will start with 255/75 tires but may go with 265 or 275 next go around. Which will work with both tire sizes and require no trimming and have no rubbing. The truck has a 3" lift.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #299
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma07pre View Post
I am looking at 17x8 rims with either +10mm or-13mm offset and wondering which one would work better. I think I will start with 255/75 tires but may go with 265 or 275 next go around. Which will work with both tire sizes and require no trimming and have no rubbing. The truck has a 3" lift.
What are the widths of the wheels in question?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #300
tacoma07pre is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
tacoma07pre's Tacoma Gallery
they are 17x8. its the same wheel just available in 2 different offsets.

Products Discussed in this Thread