Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Which wheels should I go for?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chase
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Which wheels should I go for?

My next and possibly LAST exterior mod will be wheels and tires.

I am trying to decide between:

and

I am also waiting to get some eyelids painted and that will complete my look along with new rims and tires. I "May" go with a 1.5" or 3" lift, but that will be down the road once the vehicle is free and clear as I don't want to mess up anything warranty related regarding the suspension etc.

My truck as it sits now:

Old 07-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Anthracite Greys. I have them but in silver.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
Son of Baconator
unentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FCC(SW)
Name: Jacob
unentered's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to unentered Send a message via Skype™ to unentered
I say the TRD's the anthracite may go with the MGM, but I think that breaking things up a little bit is good.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
ehawkins2002 will become famous soon enoughehawkins2002 will become famous soon enough
ehawkins2002's Tacoma Gallery
I like wheel #2, forgot the name of them. They both look good though. In the end though, pick the one you like the best.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
Where you getting em?

Both of those are FJ wheels right? Where are you looking at acquiring them? Price?
Old 07-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
Davell is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Davell's Tacoma Gallery
I like the first ones listed. Where did you get your running boards? I like the look.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
yo quero taco's?
sb_mech22 will become famous soon enough
sb_mech22's Tacoma Gallery
first one.....hands down
Old 07-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
MBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud ofMBestrgr has much to be proud of
Army: 2nd Ranger Btn. 75th Ranger Regiment. Tab and scroll
Name: Matt
MBestrgr's Tacoma Gallery
Dude the first ones are sick! What are those? I'll buy those for my truck lol
Old 07-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chase
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoeflich View Post
Both of those are FJ wheels right? Where are you looking at acquiring them? Price?

eBay, Frank Toyota Motors, the first ones aren't on eBay right now but I e-mailed them directly and was told I could still order them outside of eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davell View Post
I like the first ones listed. Where did you get your running boards? I like the look.
Those are N-Fab bars. I actually ordered them from a retailer though (SVCustoms) as it was the cheapest place I found them. Street Side Auto had them for a good price as well, but they were out of stock when I was ready to order.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I haven't seen either wheel on an MGM truck yet (sure there have to be a ton out there) so all feedback is welcomed.