Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

any way to repair a bent wheel?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
any way to repair a bent wheel?

I bought some wheels off craigslist for $150 from a guy for our Wrangler a while back. took them to the tire shop to get mounted and come to find out two are out of round . I would return them to the guy but i lost his name and number, and i have tried selling them on CL again (advertised as warped) but no such luck. so i figured i might try to repair them if possible. can they be fixed without costing a fortune?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't trust them on a DD even if they were repaired. Save your clams and sheckels and buy some decent Steelies.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bought 4. 2 are bent
Old 07-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've had some luck with a local shop bending steel wheels back that were bent in from the side (minor adjustment only). If the wheels you bought are alloy's or aluminum, good luck. From what I'm told they're junk.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #6

no theyre steel. i think theyre pretty much junk now unless they stayed strickly off road.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_TACO4x4 View Post
no theyre steel. i think theyre pretty much junk now unless they stayed strickly off road.
You can keep the bent ones for offroad usage only - or use them as a wheel for a spare tire.

Or hell.....before trashing them, stack them ontop eachother...weld 'em together and put a nice glass sheet on top. Make a nice little table.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Or hell.....before trashing them, stack them ontop eachother...weld 'em together and put a nice glass sheet on top. Make a nice little table.
haha hey thats not a bad idea right there!