* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
FNG
Jerzy is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired 96B
Name: Josh
Jerzy's Tacoma Gallery
Inexpensive black rims?

Ok, new here. A lot of cool people and great ideas. No mods yet on my truck don't want to do much but I am looking for inexpensive black rims, and a little more aggressive tire than what comes stock. Wheres the best place for cheap rims, looking for bang for your buck and can be tires and rims together.

Also about how many miles did you do your first tire change?

Wasn't gonna do much else then I saw that they make a black bumper....sooo......
Old 07-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Great products here and probably the cheapest you will get besides finding some on craigslist, ebay, etc.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Old 07-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

CRfofiddyF's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about powdercoating my stock rims for abt $50/ea. it actually looks pretty good..there are a couple of TWers who have them, check out the Build section
Old 07-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
FNG

Jerzy's Tacoma Gallery
Was thinking of painting the stock rims but I really dont like the style and HATE those plastic clip in center caps ( I have an 07) Not actually gonna change them all up till it's time for new tires, thats why I asked about 1st tire change.

And thanks Jay, those are about what I was looking for and around $80 is an awesome price!!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I have an '07 and just got some new tires last month at just over 30,000 miles. I could have run them longer but the Dunlops needed to go! Be careful with cheap aftermarket steel or steel/chrome wheels, they'll rust out on you in New England.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Mine rims are pretty cheap
Old 07-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #8
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.4wheelparts.com has a lot of wheels to choose from if ya wanted to have a look see
Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I have gone through two sets of black wheels. My first set were Wheelers Steelies Type A 16x8 with 265/75-16 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM.

My second set were Wheelers Alloys 16x8 with 285/75-16 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM2's. Both sets were fairly cheap.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #12
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
lots of great info in the owner's manual and service guide

change oil
every 6 months or 5k miles whichever comes first
tire change he was asking
Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #13
FNG

Jerzy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the great input folks, your all making me happy I joined these boards!!!!!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #14
Ace83 will become famous soon enoughAce83 will become famous soon enough
Ace83's Tacoma Gallery
just got mine from this 4wheelparts.com

check these wheels
http://www.4wheelparts.com/WheelFind...ce&SortDir=asc