Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

psi over tpms?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
frequent reader
justin14200 has a spectacular aura aboutjustin14200 has a spectacular aura aboutjustin14200 has a spectacular aura about
Name: justin
justin14200's Tacoma Gallery
psi over tpms?

i have the tpms sensors mounted in my new wheels, they are duratracs. its max psi is 80 so ill robobly keep it at 60 or 65 psi, will it hurt my tpms sensors? will my tpms light come on or flash at that high a psi?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Are the tires stock size? stock pressure is on your driver's door jamb. Unless you're running low profile tires, high pressures are worthless. You will wear out the center of the tread. Put a chalk line across the tire, drive a short distance (in a straight line), check the line. Gone in center, over pressure. Gone on edges, underpressure. Gone, just right.
Toyotas are shipped from the Mfg with 60psi. It shuts off the TPMS and keeps from getting flat spots on tires.
Over stock pressure won't hurt tpms, but it will affect handling, and tire life.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
my tires are at 35psi
Old 07-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
They are probably load range E so the pressure listed in the door jamb doesn't apply.I would start at 65 and go from there.Somebody else running 10 ply tires on a light truck might chime in.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The max pressure on sidewall is just that, maximum. It is not recommended pressure.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin14200 View Post
i have the tpms sensors mounted in my new wheels, they are duratracs. its max psi is 80 so ill robobly keep it at 60 or 65 psi, will it hurt my tpms sensors? will my tpms light come on or flash at that high a psi?
65 - Are you doing that so that all the extra food stuff falls out between your teeth as you drive? I'd switch to flossing - It allows for a much more comfortable ride.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
frequent reader
justin14200 has a spectacular aura aboutjustin14200 has a spectacular aura aboutjustin14200 has a spectacular aura about
ok, maybe i should have said"tell me like i was a 7 year old"
Old 07-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I run 40-45 psi in my tires for everyday, get a couple more miles per gallon from that but the ride gets a little more harsh at that PSI
Old 07-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #9
frequent reader
well, i meant that the tires are 10 ply tires, requiring more pressure. if i have 60 psi in my tires will my tpms light flash because it is way more than what the vehicle calls for?
Old 07-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #10
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
no, it's a low pressure warning
Old 07-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it shouldnt hurt the tpms and the light may turn on, but you can recalibrate the tpms there is a little button under the steering wheel just gotta hold it and it will recalibrate everything (please correct me if im wrong), but im not sure how long you need to hold it or if there is anything else you need to do

like hold the button with your big toe while you pat your head and rub your stomach as you start the truck with your mouth, like you gotta do to turn the damn seat belt chime off haha
Old 07-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
frequent reader
anyone knw hw to calibrate?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #13
frequent reader
anyone?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #14
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone?
google man

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...tml#post774623