Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TPMS Swap

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS Swap

I have no TPMS sensors in my FJ wheels. They are in my stock wheels still. Is it possible to swap them out without having to take it to the tire place. Has anyone done this on their own without dismounting the tires. If so please advise. I have a problem letting the hacks at the tire places take possession of my truck for even the simplest of things. I have an air compressor so refilling them is a non issue.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Taco View Post
I have no TPMS sensors in my FJ wheels. They are in my stock wheels still. Is it possible to swap them out without having to take it to the tire place. Has anyone done this on their own without dismounting the tires. If so please advise. I have a problem letting the hacks at the tire places take possession of my truck for even the simplest of things. I have an air compressor so refilling them is a non issue.
You have to dismount them. Also if you do any off roading, there will come a time that you wished you had left them out. I have busted them before and it was on a multi-day trip where I had the unfortunate mishap of having tire fail too so - I am glad that I had 2 spares but what a bitch to loose a valve stem!