Notices

BFG km2s or GY Duratracs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
BFG km2s or GY Duratracs

im sure this has already been discussed alot. and i have already done a lot of research on the forum of the two diff tires. My 1st gen is my DD so it seeing alot of pavement but i do offroad during hunting season and go muddin once in awhile. im trying to decide what will be best for me. i want something that is very off road dependable when i need it. but i also want a tires that has longtivity. does anyone have experiance with one or both. thanks. the km2 and duratrac look great but its a hard decision
Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
KM2's they are really quiet for a M/T and will last longer than most M/T's on the market.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
KM2's they are really quiet for a M/T and will last longer than most M/T's on the market.
thats what i have been seeing to they say it is almost sounds and lasts aslong as a A/T
Old 07-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Based on how my KM2's look to be wearing after 3k miles, I'd probably recommend the Duratracs for a mostly street driven rig. The KM2's do kick ass offroad though!!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Not very many people have had enough time to go through a set of duratrac's. They just came out so the info on longetivity is unknown to me. Mine don't show hardly any wear after 2k mi. They are great off road btw
Old 07-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Based on how my KM2's look to be wearing after 3k miles, I'd probably recommend the Duratracs for a mostly street driven rig. The KM2's do kick ass offroad though!!
7 k with 1 rotation and another soon to come here and they look great
Old 07-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
Not Km2s or DCS but the Nitto Trail Grappler is really quiet for a mud terrain and does great on the road and offroad. Took it in some real soft sand and I couldnt get stuck if I wanted to. About 10k on mine and they still look brand new.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Not very many people have had enough time to go through a set of duratrac's. They just came out so the info on longetivity is unknown to me. Mine don't show hardly any wear after 2k mi. They are great off road btw
ive seen where one guy had driven about 30,000 miles and he said he had about half tread. best i guess it all depends on the driver also
Old 07-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #9

Quote:
plus both of them look real mean to thats the hard descision to make. wanting something thats looks tough and last long is very rare.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:14 AM   #10
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
x2

i LOVE mine (BFG's MT KM2's)

For me it was between the BFG's and Toyo Open Country MT's.

I dont know anything about the GY Duratracs.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 07-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got my km2's rotated yesterday at just under 3000 miles and measured the tread with my digital caliper. All 4 showed 2-2.5 /32 of wear which equates to about 12-15% of the usable tread gone in just 5weeks. I really hope they slow down with wearing or else they're going to be gone in only 25000 miles.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Got my km2's rotated yesterday at just under 3000 miles and measured the tread with my digital caliper. All 4 showed 2-2.5 /32 of wear which equates to about 12-15% of the usable tread gone in just 5weeks. I really hope they slow down with wearing or else they're going to be gone in only 25000 miles.
thats whats im worried about i do mainly street driving an i think the km2s may wear down rapidly compared to the duratracs
Old 07-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
DAN_FPC is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DAN_FPC's Tacoma Gallery
I thinking about getting the duratracs for the same reason and I need them to be good in deep snow and ice. They are a solid looking tire and they are one of the only ones that has siping to help in ice. Plus I think the duratracs look really good too!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
you guys are comparing a mud terrain and an all terrain tire. The Duratrac's haven't been around long enough for somebody to burn through them. I will tell you from first hand expirience that I have a customer with over 60k on his KM2's and still has another 5k at least.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #15
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
you guys are comparing a mud terrain and an all terrain tire. The Duratrac's haven't been around long enough for somebody to burn through them. I will tell you from first hand expirience that I have a customer with over 60k on his KM2's and still has another 5k at least.
60k on KM2's? I'd hate to have an emergency situation where I'd nail the brakes.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
does he ever wheel in them or is it just for street. most guys on here say there lucky to get 25k. hearing stuff like 60k confuses with everyone else says. he must baby it every where.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:47 AM   #18
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
he wheels, tows, and drives highway and literally has 60k on tires on a full size chevy 1500.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #20
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Duratracs. I have a 5-lug and really needed the traction. They don't seem to be wearing very fast but I've only got about 11k on them