Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Can you all help me out with tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
JMLdawg is on a distinguished road
JMLdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Can you all help me out with tires?

Im in need of new tires, but they are pretty expensive for good looking tires that i know of. Are there any suggestions for a good looking tire that is not too expensive that will fit the stock wheel? I am looking for white walls.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery

white walls like this?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
JMLdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Well, not looking for while walls, but just white letters. Not sure what you would call that. I would not be buying used tires, and I would not get bottom of barrel, but I thought that there was users here that knew a good deal about tires and new a good brand. I like the look of BF Goodrich AT, but they are expensive.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and pony up some bucks...you get what you pay for and tires are something you dont want to skimp on
Old 07-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLdawg View Post
Well, not looking for while walls, but just white letters. Not sure what you would call that. I would not be buying used tires, and I would not get bottom of barrel, but I thought that there was users here that knew a good deal about tires and new a good brand. I like the look of BF Goodrich AT, but they are expensive.
I'm sure somebody will chime in with brand new tires that are a good bang for the buck. I just haven't researched all the tires because I've already decided what my next tire will be. Sorry for misunderstanding your desires.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
0wrx2 is on a distinguished road
0wrx2's Tacoma Gallery
raised white letters i think is what youre looking for?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have Nexen Roadian HT tires on mine. They were on the truck when I bought it. I would rather have BFG's, but these were brand new. I have 8K miles on them now, I am guessing they are good to 30 or 40K before I replace. The only complaint I have is they tend to shake a little when cold. Warmed up they are fine. Not sure what they would cost since I did not put them on.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have the bfg at's look at discount tire direct, bide your time but not to long dont run on unsafe tires. that being said my at's are looking to be lasting a very long time 30,000 on them and they look brand new. i rotate about every 10,000. and i have a life time alignment so she is always in spec. those guys at the alignment shop hate me.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
JMLdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I guess tires are just more expensive for trucks than I thought.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

btw...when you say look good...what do you mean?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #12
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Geolandar A/T-S. Pretty cheap and look sweet. Handle well, also.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:29 PM   #13
JMLdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
btw...when you say look good...what do you mean?
Well, like I said I like the look of the BFG, kinda nobby looking and white raised leters.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

check mastercraft tires

they make an A/T and an M/T

last time i bought a set they were $600 mounted/balanced for 265/75/16 M/Ts
Old 07-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #15
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
i got my duratracks for $800.00 from discount tire, i am not sure if that is cheap to you but it was to me. i like them so far.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #16
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
My tires were $504 installed OTD at Firestone. That's not a bad price at all, I don't think.

People are going through tough times the last couple years, we all know that, but some things you really shouldn't go TOO cheap on. Think about it, your family or at the very least you will be riding in that vehicle. You want decent tires on it.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
My tires were $504 installed OTD at Firestone. That's not a bad price at all, I don't think.

People are going through tough times the last couple years, we all know that, but some things you really shouldn't go TOO cheap on. Think about it, your family or at the very least you will be riding in that vehicle. You want decent tires on it.
this

buy for performance...not for looks

tires are whats keeping your vehicle on the road