Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

rattle can on tires...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2010, 05:43 AM   #1
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
rattle can on tires...

so I did my stock rim painting this weekend, turned out awesome, except i read in a write up that the paint just "rolls up and off the tire" if you get it on, so i didnt bother putting index cards in there... and now im faced with trying to removed the residue from the tires.
i was thinking a scuff pad or a sanding block of sorts with a delicate hand would work? my step dad told me to use laquer thinner on a rag and be delicate, but that doesnt seem like the brightest of ideas... anyone have this problem or any bright ideas? your help is much appreciated/
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #2
badboyrr is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60A Crew Chief
badboyrr's Tacoma Gallery
Paint

I think L/thinner will be ok. Try a little at a time.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Ok thanks ill try it
Old 07-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Try Wesley's Bleach White and a Scrub brush!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
scrub brush and some soap you would use to wash the car. A little elbow grease and it will come right off. I had the same when I painted my stock rims and had some overspray.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
The way I usually get paint off anything is with sandpaper. Save yourself some elbow grease and use nature's sandpaper by hitting up the sand dunes!

Otherwise, you can try Acetone.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #7

Haha sand dunes would be sick but they're all protected around these parts... I appreciate the help guys ill do this tonight
Old 07-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #8

FYI I used a butter knife and put some elbow grease on it, and it looks great. I didn't wanna run out to purchase some of the things listed without giving that a try first. I appreciate the help and the fast replies guys.