1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tires or exhaust?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Joshua, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Jul 29, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    Joshua

Joshua [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    06 V6 TRD off-road 4X4 Silver Doublecab
    hey guys im a noobie here, but I have been trying to decide whether to get some new tires or a new exhaust system. here are my choices (in no specific order)

Tires (265/75R16)

1. BFG ats - i like the look, there's some pretty good reviews, and they're quite popular
    2. General Grabber ats - i like the look also, there's great reviews, they seem great for the price
    3. Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac - i love the look of this tire, it'll probably come in handy at some point since it's a m/t and i live in louisiana which is made of mud (yet i dont go in the mud too often), and the price is...affordable

Although, I dont think tires are a main priority right now since i dont go off road too often and the stock rugged-trails havent quite worn down yet.

Exhausts

1. Flowmaster Dual Rear side exit system - seems to sound great, easy to install, has great reviews, and a cheap price
    2. Magnaflow - seems like a lot of people like them, personally i'd rather dual pipes instead of a single one, seems to sound great, and super easy to install, great price
    3. MBRP Catback - sounds bad ass, love the fact that i can come a dual black pipes, installation seems tricky from reviews, and great price

Your suggestions are always welcome :)

2. Jul 29, 2010 at 8:13 AM
    BlackIce

BlackIce FNG

Member:
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    Grillcraft grill, blacked out chrome grill surround, debadged, xd hoss wheels, more to come
    If I had to choose, I would choose tires first. In my opinion a good set of m/t s look way better than the stock tires and makes the truck look more like a truck. But, it's your money, so go with your feeling.

3. Jul 29, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    Tires: BFG or Duratrac, then sell the stock crappy Rugged Trails for a couple hundred bucks on craigslist.

4. Jul 29, 2010 at 8:17 AM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    i say ....both

5. Jul 29, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    tacosupreme54

tacosupreme54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    since you got some life left on your tires, keep them for the time being, get the exaust, then save up for new tires as the old ones wear out...that's what i'd do

6. Jul 30, 2010 at 6:04 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    If you can find the grabber at2's get them. They're on national backorder, though.
    I'm getting Firestone Destination at's I need tires now. Factory tires are worn out and I have a nail in the sidewall on the spare.

7. Jul 31, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    Joshua

Joshua [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    06 V6 TRD off-road 4X4 Silver Doublecab
    as much as id love to get some new tires, that's probably not gunna happen. but i'm def. gunna go with the exhaust, probably flowmaster, thanks for the suggestions guys

Products Discussed in

To Top