Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tires or exhaust?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
Joshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joshua
Joshua's Tacoma Gallery
tires or exhaust?

hey guys im a noobie here, but I have been trying to decide whether to get some new tires or a new exhaust system. here are my choices (in no specific order)

Tires (265/75R16)

1. BFG ats - i like the look, there's some pretty good reviews, and they're quite popular
2. General Grabber ats - i like the look also, there's great reviews, they seem great for the price
3. Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac - i love the look of this tire, it'll probably come in handy at some point since it's a m/t and i live in louisiana which is made of mud (yet i dont go in the mud too often), and the price is...affordable

Although, I dont think tires are a main priority right now since i dont go off road too often and the stock rugged-trails havent quite worn down yet.

Exhausts

1. Flowmaster Dual Rear side exit system - seems to sound great, easy to install, has great reviews, and a cheap price
2. Magnaflow - seems like a lot of people like them, personally i'd rather dual pipes instead of a single one, seems to sound great, and super easy to install, great price
3. MBRP Catback - sounds bad ass, love the fact that i can come a dual black pipes, installation seems tricky from reviews, and great price

Your suggestions are always welcome
Old 07-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
FNG
BlackIce is on a distinguished road

BlackIce's Tacoma Gallery
If I had to choose, I would choose tires first. In my opinion a good set of m/t s look way better than the stock tires and makes the truck look more like a truck. But, it's your money, so go with your feeling.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Tires: BFG or Duratrac, then sell the stock crappy Rugged Trails for a couple hundred bucks on craigslist.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i say ....both
Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
since you got some life left on your tires, keep them for the time being, get the exaust, then save up for new tires as the old ones wear out...that's what i'd do
Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 AM   #6
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
If you can find the grabber at2's get them. They're on national backorder, though.
I'm getting Firestone Destination at's I need tires now. Factory tires are worn out and I have a nail in the sidewall on the spare.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 AM   #7
Joshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joshua
Joshua's Tacoma Gallery
as much as id love to get some new tires, that's probably not gunna happen. but i'm def. gunna go with the exhaust, probably flowmaster, thanks for the suggestions guys