Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

how bout your stock rims??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
Regretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Regretless Rob's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Regretless Rob
how bout your stock rims??

Ok Im new to TW and new to these forums and even new to these threads as well. So I was thinken that I will just start one to find out what its all about.

Now idk who has tried this out but I would like to see sum pix and the good and bad in just painting your stock rims.. I did it and it looks like a new set of rims..
Old 07-30-2010, 05:58 AM   #2
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!
navyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

navyrt's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine in Duplicolor graphite. A few days later I put on some 1.5" wheel spacers as well.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
WestwardBound is on a distinguished road
Name: Rene
WestwardBound's Tacoma Gallery
What kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyrt View Post
Heres mine in Duplicolor graphite. A few days later I put on some 1.5" wheel spacers as well.

I am looking into either spraying my stock steelies graphite "gun metal" gray like yours, or black and was wondering what type of Duplicolor graphite you used (the toyota match, regular, fusion).

Also, my truck is a Black Sand Pearl 2010 and am debating matching the grill with the rims and emblems, or blacking it all out...

Any help, pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!
navyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shednavyrt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

navyrt's Tacoma Gallery
I used the duplicolor high performance wheel coating HWP 102 graphite.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/wheelCoating/
Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine the other weekend and it turned out pretty good.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
Regretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTRD View Post
Did mine the other weekend and it turned out pretty good.

Hell ya they look like new rims... like you put sum money in to them .. looks sick ..
Old 07-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

671taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyrt View Post

nice, i think that would look good on my mgm.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 671taco View Post
nice, i think that would look good on my mgm.
Ya i would like to see that \.. you should post sum pix of it before and after cuz i haven't seen anyone do so (08
Old 07-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
i would like to see some pics like further down the road. how have they held up? after you got them muddy and scrubbed them or pressure washed them a few times. i would really like to do this, i just really wanna do my homework
Old 07-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
i would like to see some pics like further down the road. how have they held up? after you got them muddy and scrubbed them or pressure washed them a few times. i would really like to do this, i just really wanna do my homework
Ya thats a good idea. Well I used sum rust-oleum gloss protective enamel super coverage and durability. Did a coat and sanded them and did one more coat. i wish i didnt use rust-oleum cuz i think im still going to have to bring along a can when im on the rode. you know what they say you get what you pay for. But for quick and easy mod that looks alot better then the stock rims it looks grate for now. just keep sum paint with you at all times and it will turn out ok haha. You can go the more expensive way and get them powder coated cheaper then new ones but not that cheap. Or shot around for some good paint that works better and let everyone know what you use and how well it did (08 Its really one of them ballin with a budget hah
I will post pix of them as they get used to keep you posted(08