1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how bout your stock rims??

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Regretless Rob, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Jul 30, 2010 at 4:45 AM
    Regretless Rob

Regretless Rob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Chino CA USA
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Painted my stock rims black and polished my lugs, New jvc head unit with 2 12" subs with shut of switch, Side mirrors tinted, FULLBLOWN FM-74267 muffler, In dash wiring for my Garmin 750 GPS & 3Gs Iphone dock with aux plug and charger in dash, Three more cigarette lighter plus under my head unit also in dash, strobe head lights for the hell of ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qumylyXOig,
    Ok Im new to TW and new to these forums and even new to these threads as well. So I was thinken that I will just start one to find out what its all about.

Now idk who has tried this out but I would like to see sum pix and the good and bad in just painting your stock rims.. I did it and it looks like a new set of rims.. :D
    get-attachmentaspx_b7959e6f449d3b04eede33d616b4bd619de991e8.jpg

2. Jul 30, 2010 at 4:58 AM
    navyrt

navyrt ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!

Member:
    Heres mine in Duplicolor graphite. A few days later I put on some 1.5" wheel spacers as well.

[​IMG]

3. Jul 30, 2010 at 5:22 AM
    WestwardBound

WestwardBound Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rene
    Portsmouth, NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD
    None, a work in progress
    I am looking into either spraying my stock steelies graphite "gun metal" gray like yours, or black and was wondering what type of Duplicolor graphite you used (the toyota match, regular, fusion).

Also, my truck is a Black Sand Pearl 2010 and am debating matching the grill with the rims and emblems, or blacking it all out...

Any help, pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4. Jul 30, 2010 at 6:23 AM
    Regretless Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Chino CA USA
    Vehicle:
    Painted my stock rims black and polished my lugs, New jvc head unit with 2 12" subs with shut of switch, Side mirrors tinted, FULLBLOWN FM-74267 muffler, In dash wiring for my Garmin 750 GPS & 3Gs Iphone dock with aux plug and charger in dash, Three more cigarette lighter plus under my head unit also in dash, strobe head lights for the hell of ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qumylyXOig,
    Ya they turned out good.. :eek:

5. Jul 30, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    navyrt

navyrt ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!

Member:
  6. Jul 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    Did mine the other weekend and it turned out pretty good.

SAM_2764_a46f6556d8646059011b0a3c9bc1d78333b9dd8f.jpg

7. Jul 30, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    Regretless Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Chino CA USA
    Vehicle:
    Hell ya they look like new rims... like you put sum money in to them .. looks sick ..

8. Jul 30, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    671taco

671taco thekeithchronicles

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    twenty-ten rc
    nice, i think that would look good on my mgm.

9. Jul 30, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    Regretless Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Chino CA USA
    Vehicle:
    Ya i would like to see that \.. you should post sum pix of it before and after cuz i haven't seen anyone do so (08

10. Jul 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    i would like to see some pics like further down the road. how have they held up? after you got them muddy and scrubbed them or pressure washed them a few times. i would really like to do this, i just really wanna do my homework

11. Jul 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    Regretless Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Chino CA USA
    Vehicle:
    Ya thats a good idea. Well I used sum rust-oleum gloss protective enamel super coverage and durability. Did a coat and sanded them and did one more coat. i wish i didnt use rust-oleum cuz i think im still going to have to bring along a can when im on the rode. you know what they say you get what you pay for. But for quick and easy mod that looks alot better then the stock rims it looks grate for now. just keep sum paint with you at all times and it will turn out ok haha. You can go the more expensive way and get them powder coated cheaper then new ones but not that cheap. Or shot around for some good paint that works better and let everyone know what you use and how well it did (08 Its really one of them ballin with a budget hah
    I will post pix of them as they get used to keep you posted(08

Products Discussed in

To Top