1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How'd I do on this Duratrac Deal?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by JBarbaresi, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Jul 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi [OP] '10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Member:
    First Name:
    JEREMY
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 SILVER DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
    3" OME LIFT W/ 885 IN FRONT AND N182 W/AAL IN REAR, DIFF DROP, SWAY RELOCATE, CARRIER BEARING DROP, AXLE SHIMS, MAGNAFLOW CATBACK EXHAUST, 16X8 KONIG COUNTERSTEER OFFROAD WHEELS, 265/75 DURATRACS, BLACK WESTIN ULTIMATE BULL BAR, BLACK GO RHINO DOMINATOR II NERF BARS, TWM BIG TYPE R SHIFT KNOB, INJEN INTAKE, WEATHERTECH MATS, GRILLCRAFT BLACK MESH GRILL, 20% TINT, DEBADGED, AMERICAN FLAG VINYL DECAL, GADSDEN FLAG VINYL DECAL, "SUA SPONTE" TOW HITCH COVER
    i usually don't like threads like this but i'm gonna be "that guy". out of pure curiousity i want to know how i did on my new tires versus others out there who have purchased recently.

with my new 16X8" konig countersteers arriving this week it was time to bite the bullet on some tires for them as well. i had decided on getting the duratracs but was still tossed up between going with a 285 or 265 c load, and finally decided that for me the extra good looks of the 285 aren't worth the added 15 lbs per tire, stiffer ride, and rubbing issues. after calling around to all the different local shops i found one that seemed willing to negotiate on price and i let him know where i wanted to be on the final out-the-door price. he was able to get me to $800 even after tax, dismount the stock tires, install tpms, mount new tires/wheels, and balance. that was fair to me after considering the shipping costs of ordering from an online vendor. when i stopped at the shop to pay and place the order i asked him if they'd be interested in purchasing my stock dunlop at20 265/65/17 tires. after taking a look they offered me $260 for the set. i'm kind of kicking myself in the ass now, but i told them to just knock $200 off the price of the new tires and i was fine with that (they seemed like a good group of guys and had already willingly given me about $20/tire off their original price on the duratracs so i didn't mind throwing them a few bucks for the good experience). i was only expecting to sell the tires for about $200 anyways so this way i avoided the hassle of having to list and ship them.

so moral of the story was i ordered the new duratracs for $600 out the door mounted and balanced. they should be here around tues or weds next week... how'd i do?

2. Aug 4, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    hoopscoach

hoopscoach Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DblCab TRD
    Sorry I can't help you too much on your question. I live in the Stafford area too and am looking to get a set of Duratracs on my truck. Would you mind telling me where you went for your tires?

3. Aug 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    I think I paid 650 for 235/75s mounted and balanced. thats a damn good deal

4. Aug 4, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi [OP] '10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Member:
    First Name:
    JEREMY
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 SILVER DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
    3" OME LIFT W/ 885 IN FRONT AND N182 W/AAL IN REAR, DIFF DROP, SWAY RELOCATE, CARRIER BEARING DROP, AXLE SHIMS, MAGNAFLOW CATBACK EXHAUST, 16X8 KONIG COUNTERSTEER OFFROAD WHEELS, 265/75 DURATRACS, BLACK WESTIN ULTIMATE BULL BAR, BLACK GO RHINO DOMINATOR II NERF BARS, TWM BIG TYPE R SHIFT KNOB, INJEN INTAKE, WEATHERTECH MATS, GRILLCRAFT BLACK MESH GRILL, 20% TINT, DEBADGED, AMERICAN FLAG VINYL DECAL, GADSDEN FLAG VINYL DECAL, "SUA SPONTE" TOW HITCH COVER
    yeah i went to abc truck and tire repair on eskimo hill road. it was a pretty good experience overall and i would definitely recommend them to anyone. i'm sure if you tell them you read about this thread online they would give you the same deal of $800 and possibly some money for your used tires.

they called me this afternoon to let me know that the tires had just gotten there, and let me come straight in to get them installed today before leaving for the day. this is just a cell pic but after i get the lift on this weekend i'll take some better ones and post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top