LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

center caps, what is the importance?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
center caps, what is the importance?

So this is a dumb question, but do center caps need to be on the wheels? I am asking because I just purchased a new set of wheels and do not like the way it looks with center caps. However, if I remove the center caps, it leaves the center exposed. So are the center caps there for protection or just there to show the brand name?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
If you dont like the way it looks, Take um off, No probs with it off...As far as I know at least.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
no purpose, just finish
Old 07-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #5
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the quick replies. The center caps are coming off!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
IMO 90% off the hub caps I see for aftermarket truck wheels are fugly, most commonly for inexpensive wheels. I never run any on my truck either & I just paint the exposed area of the hub black. Without them also makes the wheels appear deaper/wider.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #7
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I like center caps
Old 08-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery

Old 08-01-2010, 12:35 AM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
center caps are highly over-rated
x2, I just left mine off when I got the tires mounted.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:05 AM   #10
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I havent ran center caps for about 3 1/2 years of owning the truck so no harm in them being off.