Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

M/T tire life

View Poll Results: How long your M/T last and how do you use them?
< 10000 miles 0 0%
< 20000 miles 1 11.11%
< 30000 miles 1 11.11%
< 25% Street driving 0 0%
< 50% Street driving 1 11.11%
< 75% Street driving 2 22.22%
< 99% Street driving 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
M/T tire life

Sorry if this is a repost, I took a look and maybe I just did not type the right thing into the search.It is a poll and I was doing some google searches and ready on the lifespan of mud terrain tires.

If you could please post what tire your running after you do the poll that would be great.

My current tires have about 28k miles on them. They are Dunlop Mud Rovers and I have had the "shake" for a while. I recently bought the longer lug nuts since my wheels are not the factory centricity. They said it should help but they dont. So I just wanted to get an idea of how long peoples mud terrains are lasting and which ones "last" the longest.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Whoever polled thanks....but how many miles do you have so far if they arent shot already?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had a bunch of different brands of mud tires including: maxxis buckshots, maxxis bighorns, pro comp m/t, ss bogger, mud king and ss thornbirds. Of course the boggers and thornbirds wore out extremely fast but the boggers pulled great. The pro comp m/t's had 46k on em when I took em off, they were pretty wore out but not slicks. IMO the buckshots lasted the longest and I drive 75% on the road. Now granted thats all been on a lighter first gen.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking I'll get around 40k on my Trail Grapplers
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
on my lt avalanche i got 50k out of a set of goodyear wrangler MTRs before they changes them. they were 315/75/16s 75% on the road
Old 08-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
BFG mud terrain KMs...the older version i got well over 45K out of three different sets...i think one set broke 50K, IIRC. all on midsize trucks driven 90% on the road. rotation/inflation is the key. i used to rotate every 3K, now its every 5K (oil changes) i still have a set that has around 20k on them and they are about 50%. i'm hoping the Duratracs i bought will get at least 40K, but my experience with goodyears in the past tells me more like 30-35K. they are my new winter tires...anxious to see how they do in the snow.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Also interested to see how the do! I'm sitting here watching a machine make the belts for the Duratracs and goodyear light truck tires, waiting for it to break
Do I smell deep discounts on goodyears for Larry? lol
Old 08-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #8
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
I just bought a pair and going to install next week, so I will be interested in the results of this poll....