LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need help deciding on wheel color

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

BluTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Need help deciding on wheel color

So after seeing many threads on various sites about painting wheels and the Taco's on here, I've decided until I can get new wheels I think I'll paint mine for now. I've got the 08 Indigo Ink Reg. Cab and I'm thinking I'm gonna go black but then I started thinking what other colors might like good. I'm thinking about either Bronze, Graphite, or a Dark Red. I've painted wheels in the past and they've always come out looking really good. I'm going to use the Duplicolor Wheel Paint as it holds up quite nicely. What color options do you guys suggest ? I just think black is a little to plain for the truck. Thanks guys and I'm new to the whole truckin' world so please don't flame. I'm trying to learn. Thanks so much. And pictures of Taco's with painted wheels would be much appreciated.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think Red would like highly distasteful. Bronze is moderately distasteful.

Black is good looking, and graphite is pretty cool. Since your Indigo Ink (awesome color choice BTW), I'd go with black. Which alloys do you have?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
I personally think Red would like highly distasteful. Bronze is moderately distasteful.

Black is good looking, and graphite is pretty cool. Since your Indigo Ink (awesome color choice BTW), I'd go with black. Which alloys do you have?
Just the stock 15's. I just got the truck about a week ago. What would you think of black with a red lip ?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
maybe this helps

Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Black with an Indigo blue hub, chrome nuts.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
I LiKe TaCos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
Wow...your ride looks really good. Those are the exact wheels I have and that's exactly what I want to do to mine. Thanks for the pic. My mind is made up. Black it is. Thanks so much. Did you paint yours yourself ?
Old 06-25-2008, 06:06 AM   #7
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
I did the painting and was impressed with how well they turned out. Keep in mind if you paint over your weights you will have to repaint the lip, I may go all black when its time for tires.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #8
Synapse is on a distinguished road

Synapse's Tacoma Gallery
Is your standard base? heres a link on mine. You have 6lug?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...wheel-mod.html