1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dueler HT 684 II

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by rolltyd, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Aug 4, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    rolltyd

rolltyd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Overland Park, Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Off Road 4x4 Hankook Dynapro ATM
    Has anybody used these tires in the winter? They came with my new 2010 Double Cab Sport 4x4:confused:. Every review I have read on them says they suck in the snow or ice. I am worried about them this Winter in Kansas. We get every kind of weather here. Was wondering if I need to change the tires to something more aggressive or these will be fine. Any input will be appreciated.

2. Aug 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i bought a set of firestone winterforce tires for the winter months. i personally wouldnt run them for snowy conditions

3. Aug 4, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    I have them on my 2009 Sport 4x4. I really haven't had any problems with them, and I ran them in that crazy winter we had in KS last year. I actually am considering replacing them with the same tires when it's time, because I like the gas mileage they give me. I'll probably end up going with an A/T like the General Grabbers or Dueler A/T, but I've actually been pleased with my Dueler H/Ts. Should get 40k plus out of them too.

4. Aug 4, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    Badwin45

Badwin45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC 4x4 & '00 Pre-Runner
    Aries 4" Oval step tubes, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Weathertech digifit floor liners.
    I had a set of 4 on my 2000 extra cab prerunner for 2+ years and got around 50k out of them. I could have gotten more had I not been lazy about rotating them. They were very good tires on-road, even on snow/ice however they were terrible off road, especially on sand or loose materials. As long as the dirt was packed hard, they did ok.

5. Aug 4, 2010 at 10:04 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    I did not like mine.

6. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:17 AM
    rolltyd

rolltyd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Overland Park, Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Off Road 4x4 Hankook Dynapro ATM
    Thanks for the replies. Did not want to replace them unless I had too being that they are brand new seemed stupid but also did not want to worry when the winter hits. Thanks for the replies.. Keep em coming..

7. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:26 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I have them on my 07..... Haven't had too much problem with them - but I always use 4WD (and I have mechanical LSD) in the snow. Right now, they have 28,000 miles on them, have 1/4" tread left and they're starting to get 'funky' in the rainy conditions.

If you already have them, then just leave 'em on. You'll discover soon enough (this winter) whether or not you want to change them. Why waste the money on new tires if you don't have to? Or, unless you can line up a buyer to purchase them from you....atleast you'll get some $$ from 'em.

If I was buying new tires now - I wouldn't get the H/T's.

8. Aug 5, 2010 at 6:15 AM
    Demoncleaner

Demoncleaner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    05 Dcab 6spd 4x4 TRD Sport w/Tow
    TRD exhaust Homemade bed mat & bed extender, front Drings, Short clutch throw, Summer: Stock 17's Winter: Blizzaks on 16' black steelies
    I bought snow tires 3 weeks after buying my truck. But I'm in hilly lake effect snow country.

That said, in KS which is flat and only sees a few storms a year, you should be ok. VCS/TRAC on the 09+ models does a reasonable job of keeping the limits in check. As Janster said, after you drive a storm or two you'll be able to make the call if its worth the $.

Mine lasted exactly 30K.

Products Discussed in

To Top