Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Dueler HT 684 II

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
rolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
rolltyd's Tacoma Gallery
Question Dueler HT 684 II

Has anybody used these tires in the winter? They came with my new 2010 Double Cab Sport 4x4. Every review I have read on them says they suck in the snow or ice. I am worried about them this Winter in Kansas. We get every kind of weather here. Was wondering if I need to change the tires to something more aggressive or these will be fine. Any input will be appreciated.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltyd View Post
Has anybody used these tires in the winter? They came with my new 2010 Double Cab Sport 4x4. Every review I have read on them says they suck in the snow or ice. I am worried about them this Winter in Kansas. We get every kind of weather here. Was wondering if I need to change the tires to something more aggressive or these will be fine. Any input will be appreciated.
i bought a set of firestone winterforce tires for the winter months. i personally wouldnt run them for snowy conditions
Old 08-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on my 2009 Sport 4x4. I really haven't had any problems with them, and I ran them in that crazy winter we had in KS last year. I actually am considering replacing them with the same tires when it's time, because I like the gas mileage they give me. I'll probably end up going with an A/T like the General Grabbers or Dueler A/T, but I've actually been pleased with my Dueler H/Ts. Should get 40k plus out of them too.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
Badwin45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Badwin45's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of 4 on my 2000 extra cab prerunner for 2+ years and got around 50k out of them. I could have gotten more had I not been lazy about rotating them. They were very good tires on-road, even on snow/ice however they were terrible off road, especially on sand or loose materials. As long as the dirt was packed hard, they did ok.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I did not like mine.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #6
rolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
rolltyd's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies. Did not want to replace them unless I had too being that they are brand new seemed stupid but also did not want to worry when the winter hits. Thanks for the replies.. Keep em coming..
Old 08-05-2010, 05:26 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on my 07..... Haven't had too much problem with them - but I always use 4WD (and I have mechanical LSD) in the snow. Right now, they have 28,000 miles on them, have 1/4" tread left and they're starting to get 'funky' in the rainy conditions.

If you already have them, then just leave 'em on. You'll discover soon enough (this winter) whether or not you want to change them. Why waste the money on new tires if you don't have to? Or, unless you can line up a buyer to purchase them from you....atleast you'll get some $$ from 'em.

If I was buying new tires now - I wouldn't get the H/T's.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #8
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
I bought snow tires 3 weeks after buying my truck. But I'm in hilly lake effect snow country.

That said, in KS which is flat and only sees a few storms a year, you should be ok. VCS/TRAC on the 09+ models does a reasonable job of keeping the limits in check. As Janster said, after you drive a storm or two you'll be able to make the call if its worth the $.

Mine lasted exactly 30K.