Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tires pointed inward?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
tires pointed inward?

i just recently noticed that my front tires look like they are angled inwards at the bottom. you can notice it more the farther away you are. you can't really tell as much from the pictures as you can in person. it's nothing really noticeable or significant. i was just wondering if there is something wrong? if this is typical? if it's a big deal? why is it doing this and what to do about it? or am i just over analyzing my truck?
Attached Thumbnails
tires pointed inward?-100_0547.jpg   tires pointed inward?-100_0548.jpg  
Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you are lifted, without running aftermarket UCA's, they probably had to push the camber out a bit to get it to align close.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you are lifted, without running aftermarket UCA's, they probably had to push the camber out a bit to get it to align close.
x2...you need after market UCAs to get your alignment correct...check out Light Racing or Total Chaos
Old 08-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
dangs. that looks in quite a bit.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ok, i was wondering if my tire and wheel guy had left something off or done something wrong there. but i still have stock ucas and they are pretty close to my tires, but is it alright riding like this? i don't really off-road or anything.

also, when i get a wider wheel with lower backspacing (4.25), since it will put the wheel farther from the ucas, will that make my tires look like they are leaning anymore?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Positive camber is commonly used on vehicles that understeer (like 4wd trucks) because it makes steering easier. It will result in uneven tire wear though. Prefer my camber at zero and little heavier steering wheel.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #7

anything that will help me with this besides ucas? i don't have the $450+ that it's gonna cost for those right now. would a wheel with lower backspacing help with this? since it will give more room between the wheel and ucas
Old 08-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
anything that will help me with this besides ucas? i don't have the $450+ that it's gonna cost for those right now. would a wheel with lower backspacing help with this? since it will give more room between the wheel and ucas
Wheel back space wont affect the camber. You need different UCA's to fix it. OR..Have your alignment guy set Camber at 0*, and live with crap Caster.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Wheel back space wont affect the camber. You need different UCA's to fix it. OR..Have your alignment guy set Camber at 0*, and live with crap Caster.
what do you mean by that?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #10

Quote:
what do you mean by that?
I mean your caster will be around .6*, as opposed to the 2.0* or so that it needs to be set at.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #11

Quote:
I mean your caster will be around .6*, as opposed to the 2.0* or so that it needs to be set at.
and that will make my tires look right but give me a rougher ride or something of that nature?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #12

Quote:
and that will make my tires look right but give me a rougher ride or something of that nature?
Tires would "Look right", but the truck will wander. And thats if they can even get the Camber close to 0*
Old 08-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Tires would "Look right", but the truck will wander. And thats if they can even get the Camber close to 0*
alright, i'm just gonna have to ride like this until i save the money for better ucas. these should work, right? http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

sorry for all the questions, but thank you
Old 08-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #14
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of lift u got?

NM I see 2.5 spacers.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #15
frequent reader
justin14200 has a spectacular aura aboutjustin14200 has a spectacular aura aboutjustin14200 has a spectacular aura about
Name: justin
justin14200's Tacoma Gallery
i have some builtright uniball ucas with procomp 3" ultimate lift kit runninig 17x8.5 atx thugs with 265/70r17 duratracs. i did the alignment at work and got every thing set to .0

before the uca i couldnt force anything better than .4
Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #17

Quote:
alright, i'm just gonna have to ride like this until i save the money for better ucas. these should work, right? http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

sorry for all the questions, but thank you
Those would be fine.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm rockin' these and there great! My alignment specs are perfect with no issues