LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Painted sport rims other than black

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
Painted sport rims other than black

Hey all. Just curious if anyone's seen 17" Sport rims painted other than black. Mine are corroding/blistering and it's time to do something about them. BSP truck, so i think black would be too much, not trying to go for the blacked out look. Maybe charcoal/gunmetal or even bronze. Pictures???
Old 08-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see this too, as my wheels have some damage from previous owner. I don't want to paint them black...also thought about silver, or gun metal with just a hint of bronze since my truck is desert sand.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
there's a member on here from arizona that has bronze painted sport rims

i'll try to find him
Old 08-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, id like to see the bronze sport rims
Old 08-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery

sorry guys, this was the best pic i could find. the other pics have been deleted

the member is TRDSPRT
Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post

sorry guys, this was the best pic i could find. the other pics have been deleted

the member is TRDSPRT
Those don't look too shabby!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
I may even just tape off the face part and paint the inset part charcoal and leave the face silver like the rally wheel look. The face looks fine anyway, its just in the holes thats corroding.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #9
JML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud of

JML50's Tacoma Gallery
My 07 Sport rims were starting to corrode and pit so i took them to the dealer since there is a 5yr (i think) warranty on rust and corrosion and they replaced them free. Just a thought if u end up not painting them.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #10
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are gunmetal.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #12
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
for the gun metal paint, what brand? rustoleum, krylon..?
Old 08-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
x2...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=LUSETACO;2036445]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalR View Post
Mine are gunmetal.
[IMG]
[IMG]

That's hot!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
I used rustoleum, but, in my opinion, it doesn't adhere as well as duplicolor. I'm probably going to redo them with duplicolor later down the road.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #15
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Yea either bronze or gunmetal would be a nice alternative instead of going all out black. Look forward to pics.