Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

16" Mickey Thompson sidebiters

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
16" Mickey Thompson sidebiters

Anyone running 16" mickey thompson sidebiters on a 2nd gen? I was gonna order a set but my local dealer says the 16s aren't clearing the calipers and I would have to go to a 17" wheel. I don't really want to buy new tires yet though. Just wondering if anyone had any issues with caliper clearance.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i like the good question bump!!1!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Let me guess, that local dealer is 4wheelparts?

Reason I ask is that that 4wheelparts will tell you all 16's won't fit on Tacomas, and that's not true.

Plenty of folks on here have aftermarket 16's. Just find someone else on here who has the same wheel you want and see if they had any brake caliper clearance issues.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Bump I have heard of similar issues. I think you should be fine. Whats the offset and backspacing?
Old 09-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Let me guess, that local dealer is 4wheelparts?

Reason I ask is that that 4wheelparts will tell you all 16's won't fit on Tacomas, and that's not true.

Plenty of folks on here have aftermarket 16's. Just find someone else on here who has the same wheel you want and see if they had any brake caliper clearance issues.
No it was a stand alone local tire shop that told me they have had 1st hand experience with SOME 16s not fitting. They told me if I bought them and they didnt fit I could order something else. They did fit, however, and I have had them about 6 weeks.