1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody order wheels and tires off ebay?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 4X42HEL, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:15 AM
    4X42HEL

4X42HEL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB TRD-OR 4x4
    Hi,

I am thinking about ordering some 285's Nittos on some 18" rims as a package off ebay, but I have never purchased tires over the web before. I assume the tires arrive fully inflated ready to bolt on? Or do I need to take them to a shop for some reason?

Also, my real question, do I usually get a warranty with online order like that and how do you "deal" with warranty issues?

Appreciate your guys' help!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    Kevlar1267

Kevlar1267 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Minneapolis
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 4x4 2.7
    Magnaflow exhaust,K & N filter,Bilstein Shocks
    I ordered some through Discounttiredirect.com I was really happy with them. I got $50 off my 4 rims and they mounted and balanced for free. Shipping was free too. I got my tires in 3 days from ordering and put them right on. I might say go with a bigger distributor.

3. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I bought my rims off Ebay and tires from a local dealer. Not sure where you are located but the tire dealers here have 'meet or beat' policies. I found the lowest price I could from the skeeziest online store I could find and brought in the quote. Got the tires I wanted at the price I wanted with the warranty and receipt from a reputable dealer.

4. Aug 6, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    m3zy6

m3zy6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDSport AC 6spd 4x4
    I love eBay, but you have to understand that you aren't buying from them, your buying from the seller. A good mantra is to buy the seller first, then the item.

If the seller is an authorized dealer then you should get the warranty, if they arent, then you wont. Any warranty issues would have to be handled through the manufacturer, as "service after the sale" doesn't usually apply on eBay.

I would also assume that the tires won't be correctly inflated, and maybe not balanced either.

Bottom line, if you buy from a good seller, then you should get a warranty, and they should be correctly inflated and balanced. If you buy from a bad seller, then you roll the dice.

5. Aug 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    These would be excellent questions to ask the person you decide to buy from.

6. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:08 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.

Sure might be a PIA if you have an issue with the tire not balancing out properly. I would stick with a local tire/rim purchase. At least you can return the product to the seller if you have issues. Discount tire is who I have used and so far am happy with. You will hear many stories about many vendors. As for tires, I cannot imagine shipping them back to someone I purchased them off of on fleabay.

7. Aug 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    +1

I can say pretty much for they will not be fully inflatted upon arrival.

Shipping anyting that is under pressure is considered "harardous" and costs more money to ship.

Products Discussed in

To Top