Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anybody order wheels and tires off ebay?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
Don't really understand 2WD trucks....
4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody order wheels and tires off ebay?

Hi,

I am thinking about ordering some 285's Nittos on some 18" rims as a package off ebay, but I have never purchased tires over the web before. I assume the tires arrive fully inflated ready to bolt on? Or do I need to take them to a shop for some reason?

Also, my real question, do I usually get a warranty with online order like that and how do you "deal" with warranty issues?

Appreciate your guys' help!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
Kevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really nice

Name: Kevin
Kevlar1267's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered some through Discounttiredirect.com I was really happy with them. I got $50 off my 4 rims and they mounted and balanced for free. Shipping was free too. I got my tires in 3 days from ordering and put them right on. I might say go with a bigger distributor.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my rims off Ebay and tires from a local dealer. Not sure where you are located but the tire dealers here have 'meet or beat' policies. I found the lowest price I could from the skeeziest online store I could find and brought in the quote. Got the tires I wanted at the price I wanted with the warranty and receipt from a reputable dealer.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
m3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
m3zy6's Tacoma Gallery
I love eBay, but you have to understand that you aren't buying from them, your buying from the seller. A good mantra is to buy the seller first, then the item.

If the seller is an authorized dealer then you should get the warranty, if they arent, then you wont. Any warranty issues would have to be handled through the manufacturer, as "service after the sale" doesn't usually apply on eBay.

I would also assume that the tires won't be correctly inflated, and maybe not balanced either.

Bottom line, if you buy from a good seller, then you should get a warranty, and they should be correctly inflated and balanced. If you buy from a bad seller, then you roll the dice.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X42HEL View Post
Hi,

I am thinking about ordering some 285's Nittos on some 18" rims as a package off ebay, but I have never purchased tires over the web before. I assume the tires arrive fully inflated ready to bolt on? Or do I need to take them to a shop for some reason?

Also, my real question, do I usually get a warranty with online order like that and how do you "deal" with warranty issues?

These would be excellent questions to ask the person you decide to buy from.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X42HEL View Post
Hi,

Sure might be a PIA if you have an issue with the tire not balancing out properly. I would stick with a local tire/rim purchase. At least you can return the product to the seller if you have issues. Discount tire is who I have used and so far am happy with. You will hear many stories about many vendors. As for tires, I cannot imagine shipping them back to someone I purchased them off of on fleabay.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #7
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
These would be excellent questions to ask the person you decide to buy from.
+1

I can say pretty much for they will not be fully inflatted upon arrival.

Shipping anyting that is under pressure is considered "harardous" and costs more money to ship.