Notices

tacoma warranty & tires???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
SamoTaco is on a distinguished road

SamoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma warranty & tires???

Hi Everyone,

Im a new member with an '08 4x4 OR with ~48K on it. I was planning on replacing the stock ruggedtrails with some BFG A/Ts and was planning on going to the 265/75/16 tire size which sounds like the largest I can go without severe rubbing.

My questions are this:

Will the bigger tire size void any part of my extended warranty since they are non-stock(75K platinum warranty)?

Will the 265/75/16 BFGs rub without a lift? Pulling into my parking space requires backing down an off-camber hill at full turn to get in... pain in the a$$, I know. I just dont want to rub everytime I park and Ive read some instances of these tires rubbing at full turn and stock height.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Good question, I was wondering the same thing! I am debating between 245/75/16 and 265/75/16. the 265s are a lot easier to find in stock, but I dont want to lose any of my turning radius...
Old 08-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
SamoTaco is on a distinguished road

SamoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have experience with this? Warranty claims with new tires or the BFGs rubbing on stock suspension?

Im hoping to buy new tires in the next couple days, thanks everyone!