Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Good aggressive/road tire for stock suspension???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Good aggressive/road tire for stock suspension???

I posted this earlier in an old thread but got no replies so I figured I would start another.

Here goes...

What is a good aggressive/road tire that i can put on the stock Sport suspension??? I'm not looking to lift the truck yet and would like to get rid of these Dunlops before hunting season and winter comes around and I take it to the mountains. Id be OK with trimming a little bit around the wheel wells if I go a little bigger then stock. I do use it as an everyday driver for work but only drive between 10 and 40 miles a day on average.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
BFG AT or Goodyear Duratrac are two good ones.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
265/70/17 and you'll be fine without a lift. You can look at Firestone Destination A/T, Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
anything descent in a 255/75/17 or 265/70/17....bfg at, bfg mt, duratrac, most mickey thompsons, etc
Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
anything descent in a 255/75/17 or 265/70/17....bfg at, bfg mt, duratrac, most mickey thompsons, etc
I ran BFG MT's on an F150 I had at one time. Didnt mind them though they did seam to wear a little weird. I was doing alot more drive then (plus F150's used to be known for shit suspension). I've also gotten myself in some bad spots with BFG AT's. Duratracs and Mickey's are a def option though.

I'd like to come up with something in the next few months so my options are pretty open.