Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

5 different tires I'm looking at. HELP!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
bivey will become famous soon enoughbivey will become famous soon enough

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
5 different tires I'm looking at. HELP!!!

Looking at the Wild Country Mudclaw, BFG MT KM2, Nitto Mud Grappler, Nitto Trail Grappler, and MT MTZ can't decide between these. I don't want to put a lot of money in them. I've had Cooper STTs and liked them but decided to sell them and try something else. Any suggestions would be nice. The only reason I'm looking at the Wild Country's are because they are the cheapest and I know that they are built by Cooper.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Coopers are pieces of shit... the quality of their products are inconsistant and for wat you pay for you should get a wuality product day in and out. When I go for more aggresive tires, I will be replacing with the KM2's. I have mulitple people getting 50k+ on them on full-sized trucks
Old 08-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
nitto trails
Old 08-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
KM2s In my opinion are very good, the trail grapplers look cool but they are expensive.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
The_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The_Dude's Tacoma Gallery

General Tire Grabber AT2's

Don't have any experience with them myself, gonna look into a set when the time comes.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
IMO i think BFG's r way overrated!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
are you looking for a trail set, street only set, some of each, type of offroad?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #8

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
Something for both and I like the look of the mts
Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'd say either MTZs or KM2s. mud grapplers are way too soft for lots of highway use.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #10
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
I'm goin Nitto Trail Grapplers when i get the money
Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #11
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
what size are you lookin for?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #12

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
For the bfgs a 2558516, for the trail grappler 2857016, now no mud grappler and the others 2857516
Old 08-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #13
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
IMO i think BFG's r way overrated!!!
yeah after 23 wins in the baja races and got six medals in the x games...theyre pretty overrated.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #14
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
yeah after 23 wins in the baja races and got six medals in the x games...theyre pretty overrated.
Dude they obviously suck, why would they do that otherwise
Old 08-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
did u see the wrangler duratracs?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:04 PM   #16
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Ummm... they don't race on All Terrain or Mud Terrains... You can't use the tire they race with (BAJA T/A) as it isn't DOT approved for highway use. That doesn't mean BFG/ Michelin don't learn from making race tires.

General Tire has created a DOT approved tire that is close to their off road race tire, just designed for higher mileage and quieter ride... and it is just now becoming available...

I think these would look sweet on my Tacoma!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Ummm... they don't race on All Terrain or Mud Terrains... You can't use the tire they race with (BAJA T/A) as it isn't DOT approved for highway use. That doesn't mean BFG/ Michelin don't learn from making race tires.

General Tire has created a DOT approved tire that is close to their off road race tire, just designed for higher mileage and quieter ride... and it is just now becoming available...

I think these would look sweet on my Tacoma!

x2 I saw a set on a chevy they look pretty good but for now 4wp has a giant price tag on them
Old 08-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #18
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
The 4WP exclussive has expired (or does this month)... so look for the dealing to begin!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #19
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanna throw in Firestone Destination A/T's are sweeet too...

Had a 50$ instant cash card with purchase of 4, might still be going on.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #20
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
Name: justin
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
firestone destination m/t take you through any mud hole good wear and IMO have the best looking lugs
Attached Thumbnails
5 different tires I'm looking at. HELP!!!-005.jpg   5 different tires I'm looking at. HELP!!!-009.jpg