Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire Shop Dinged Up and Scratched My Rims... Now What?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Burglar of Turds
rjtoc2 is on a distinguished road
rjtoc2's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Shop Dinged Up and Scratched My Rims... Now What?

I purchased a new set of tires for my 08 Tacoma Doublecab yesterday. When they drove it out of the garage, I noticed that there was grease and dirt all lover the upholstry but, luckily, I had a seat cover and the rest of the grime came out easily.

This morning, I decided to give my Tacoma a nice bath to commemorate the new tires. As I dried my Tacoma, I noticed that all four rims had alot of dings and scratches near the lug nuts. Now that I noticed it, they are VERY noticable even from a distance.

I'll be the first to admit that I baby my Tacoma, but I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a national tire chain to NOT tear up my rims in the process of getting new tires.

Would it be chickens**t of me to ask the manager to replace the rims with the exact, factory OEM Toyota rims? Afterall, the mechanic did get grease all over the inside of my truck but I was willing to overlook that since it came out easily. The dings all over my rims, on the other hand, is a different story.

For clarification purposes, the rims on my truck are mint except for the newly dinged and scratched areas on EVERY lugnut hole. There are now scratches anywhere else - no dings, no curbchecks, and etc. - NADA.

Your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Tire Shop Dinged Up and Scratched My Rims... Now What?-rim1.jpg   Tire Shop Dinged Up and Scratched My Rims... Now What?-rim2.jpg   Tire Shop Dinged Up and Scratched My Rims... Now What?-rim3.jpg  
Old 08-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery

take it back and talk to them
Old 08-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If it's really that noticeable take it back and talk to them. Expect them to argue that at least some of the dings were there. If the damage is as bad as you are saying, they should have pointed it out before they did any work. If it came down to it, I think a judge would agree. Be nice at first, but I would expect to have to take them to small claims.

I have had this happen to me with silver painted rims. They got carried away with the impact gun and put several scratches/dings in them. Noone owned up to it, and it was a 5k dollar truck. That didn't make it right, but it wasn't worth the stress to me to take them to court.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post

take it back and talk to them

x2 on the pics
Old 08-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
If it were me, I'd say something; but, I have no problem confronting people when they damage my property. Do what you're comfortable with.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
Burglar of Turds
rjtoc2 is on a distinguished road
rjtoc2's Tacoma Gallery
Pics added to original post.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
I say talk to them. When I bitched to a chain they were surprisingly accommodating. Not saying I'll ever go back but they had a guy drive out here to my house and see what was done and then called local Toyota dealers to see what could be done.