1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Shop Dinged Up and Scratched My Rims... Now What?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by rjtoc2, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    rjtoc2

rjtoc2 [OP] Burglar of Turds

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2008 Double Cab Prerunner SR5 (Super White)
    I purchased a new set of tires for my 08 Tacoma Doublecab yesterday. When they drove it out of the garage, I noticed that there was grease and dirt all lover the upholstry but, luckily, I had a seat cover and the rest of the grime came out easily.

This morning, I decided to give my Tacoma a nice bath to commemorate the new tires. As I dried my Tacoma, I noticed that all four rims had alot of dings and scratches near the lug nuts. Now that I noticed it, they are VERY noticable even from a distance.

I'll be the first to admit that I baby my Tacoma, but I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a national tire chain to NOT tear up my rims in the process of getting new tires.

Would it be chickens**t of me to ask the manager to replace the rims with the exact, factory OEM Toyota rims? Afterall, the mechanic did get grease all over the inside of my truck but I was willing to overlook that since it came out easily. The dings all over my rims, on the other hand, is a different story.

For clarification purposes, the rims on my truck are mint except for the newly dinged and scratched areas on EVERY lugnut hole. There are now scratches anywhere else - no dings, no curbchecks, and etc. - NADA.

Your thoughts?

rim1.jpg
    rim2.jpg
    rim3.jpg

2. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    :worthless::worthless:
    take it back and talk to them

3. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    If it's really that noticeable take it back and talk to them. Expect them to argue that at least some of the dings were there. If the damage is as bad as you are saying, they should have pointed it out before they did any work. If it came down to it, I think a judge would agree. Be nice at first, but I would expect to have to take them to small claims.

I have had this happen to me with silver painted rims. They got carried away with the impact gun and put several scratches/dings in them. Noone owned up to it, and it was a 5k dollar truck. That didn't make it right, but it wasn't worth the stress to me to take them to court.

4. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2

x2 on the pics

5. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:43 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    If it were me, I'd say something; but, I have no problem confronting people when they damage my property. Do what you're comfortable with.

6. Aug 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    rjtoc2

rjtoc2 [OP] Burglar of Turds

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2008 Double Cab Prerunner SR5 (Super White)
    Pics added to original post.

7. Aug 8, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    I say talk to them. When I bitched to a chain they were surprisingly accommodating. Not saying I'll ever go back but they had a guy drive out here to my house and see what was done and then called local Toyota dealers to see what could be done.

Products Discussed in

To Top