Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

anybody running 17" tundra wheels on their 1st gen?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
shampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud of
shampoop's Tacoma Gallery
anybody running 17" tundra wheels on their 1st gen?

i'm talking about these ones. i think they look fantastic on 4 runners but would like to see what they look like on a tacoma.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
I have always liked those wheels on the tundras. I was wondering how they would look on a taco too.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on my 2010 DC BSP...
Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Damn they look good on your truck.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
iDigTulsa is a jewel in the roughiDigTulsa is a jewel in the roughiDigTulsa is a jewel in the rough

Name: Luke
iDigTulsa's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra Split Spoke 17x7.5 Wheels In Hyper Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shampoop View Post
i'm talking about these ones. i think they look fantastic on 4 runners but would like to see what they look like on a tacoma.

I saw this post when you first made it last month, and had a set sitting in my garage that I had recently picked up from Craigslist. I looked for a good deal on these wheels for over two years, and it finally paid off....I picked them up for $25.00 each! I got them put on this weekend, and I couldn't be happier. After paying to have them mounted and balanced I still came in under the cost of ONE brand new tire. I currently drive about 700 miles a week between Tulsa and Oklahoma City, so don't make fun of my "pavement pounder" tires, I know she deserves better but they serve their purpose well. I know that there is minimal difference in width between a 16x7 and a 17x7.5 wheel, but it looks good to me. I'm really thinking about completing the "Tundra Break Swap" now, since these provide adequate clearance for the necessary rotors and calipers.

About the time that my commute will finally end, it will be getting into the end of Fall and the start of Winter here in Oklahoma. I'm anxiously awaiting some new tires, and I'm hoping to find something in a 265/70/17 that will work well, because there are more options available if I get away from the 265/65/17's that are on there now. (Any help or advise from 2nd Gen owners will be appreciated since you are specifically familiar with all of the best options in both of these tire sizes.) I ran a set of 265/75/16's on my stock wheels for several years, and should be safe going with a bump in size on these wheels, since it offsets itself according to the tire calculator.

All in all, it was a long wait, but I think it turned out pretty well. It was a very small investment to make such a drastic change, and I'm glad my patience paid off. All I can say is.... I LOVE CRAIGSLIST. If only I could find the elusive "used" 1st Gen Double Cab A.R.E. camper shell!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
Yizazell is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
Yizazell's Tacoma Gallery
Are you running spacers? Is there any rub without?