Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Trying to remove mud flaps....help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to remove mud flaps....help

So I got the drivers side off. Went over to the passenger side and noticed that the three plastic rivit clips are all different?

I want to take them out with as little damage as possible.

Top: regular one (I know how to get this one out)
Middle: some wierd looking one, the thig sticking out appears to be threaded.
Bottom: Looks like the middle one, but no thing sticking out.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
heres another lil pic

Old 08-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
looks like an actual rivet and not a plastic fastener.

you may have to drill it out
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
They look like the kind that you take a small punch or phillips and gently punch the small center peice in. Then the whole thing just pops out.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
no i tried that. im leaning towards sockmonkey, there pretty solid
Old 08-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Thats weird. did you buy the truck used? All 12 of mine were all the same when I took my mudflaps off and sold them.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
alright they were definitly rivits. I just pulled it out far enough so i could get wire cutters around the base and snip the heads off.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #10
bph713 is on a distinguished road
bph713's Tacoma Gallery
trying to remove mudflaps

Hello,

Might you be interested in parting with your driver's side front mudflap?

Thanks,

Bill

williamth@eastlink.ca
Old 08-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #11
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
top bolt
bottom two plastic rivits
either pull or push to get centerpin out
Old 09-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #12
drdonger is on a distinguished road
drdonger's Tacoma Gallery
I just did mine yesterday. There are 3 bolts and then 3 rivets. The rivets are two pieces. In order to remove them you have to get a flat head in between the top portion and the bottom portion of the rivet. If you try getting all the way underneath it, the rivet will break.

Here is a simple drawing
_
_ < Stick flat head in hear and lift outward. Then pull it out.
v
v
v