Notices

Bridgestone Dueler H/T D684 II Winter Perfomance

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
JoshO is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
JoshO's Tacoma Gallery
Bridgestone Dueler H/T D684 II Winter Perfomance

Did anyone have the 265/65-17s on their truck in the Blizzards of 2010 in the Mid-Atlantic? How did they perform?
Thanks for the help
JO
Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
Skymech is on a distinguished road

Name: Randy
Skymech's Tacoma Gallery
i'm in Indiana, so we did get a bit of snow last winter.
In the 2 years i have had them and mind you i drive over 100 miles a day to work and back with most rural roads with not much in the way of plowed roads . They Blow big time! Anything over a light skiff they have no grip even with 300lbs. in the bed. and forget about it if there is any ice.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:18 AM   #3

JoshO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Skymech, I figured as much. The tread does not look aggressive enough.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
These were on my truck when I bought it (stock).

They've done just fine, including last year here in PA. THey are getting thin (1/4" or less) tread on them. Last year I actually put about 150lbs in the bed. I also have a mechanical LSD. I also use 4WD all the time in the snow.

Never had any problems.

If I was buying new tires, I'd never buy them. THey perform fine but they're too 'car like' for my liking and could probably get better performance from another tire (like Revo - for example).

If you're on a budget and find a used set for really cheap, then - I guess they're OK to purchase. BUt otherwise, I'd personally buy something better.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #5

JoshO's Tacoma Gallery
Janster
Thanks for the info. I agree the look too car like. I was buried last winter, I had drifts of 9 feet in my yard and am on a steep hill. My father had a Pathfinder with Yokohama Geolanders and they were pretty aggressive and worked fine we were not able to get through a 4 foot high section no plow had gone through and no one had packed it down at all. It was over the hood to be fair to the truck and tires. Did the 150lbs work for you? I had a frontier and put 3 80lb tubes of sand in the bed. And that sometimes felt light, although I did spin out making a left in a thunderstorm in the Frontier without any weight in the bed other than a truck box. It is not a money issue but I am not going to put new tires on when these only have 2500 miles, my parents taught me not to waste money.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!
meckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS'D
Name: Stephen
meckleystephen's Tacoma Gallery
i had these on my 06 and they had about 25000 miles on them during the round of blizzards we got this past winter. They were absolutley horrible they slide and spin and really dont get any traction. I would reccomend if you have the money to just get rid of them and get a good all terrain. I went with the Nitto Terra Grappler A/T and got them put on the day before the worst of the blizzards this year couldnt have been happier. hope this helps.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshO View Post
Janster
Thanks for the info. I agree the look too car like. I was buried last winter, I had drifts of 9 feet in my yard and am on a steep hill. My father had a Pathfinder with Yokohama Geolanders and they were pretty aggressive and worked fine we were not able to get through a 4 foot high section no plow had gone through and no one had packed it down at all. It was over the hood to be fair to the truck and tires. Did the 150lbs work for you? I had a frontier and put 3 80lb tubes of sand in the bed. And that sometimes felt light, although I did spin out making a left in a thunderstorm in the Frontier without any weight in the bed other than a truck box. It is not a money issue but I am not going to put new tires on when these only have 2500 miles, my parents taught me not to waste money.
You live in Maryland, which is about the same type of winters that I get here in southeast PA. Last year was by far - the worst winter ever in many many many years. The chances of seeing that happen again around here....is pretty rare. The weight in the bed definately helps..... reducing air pressure slightly in the tires also helps.

I ran the H/T's for a couple years without any weight at all in the bed and no problems. But as they age/wear, I've noticed the difference and have decided to run with some weight.

You really have to adjust your driving style to the conditions regardless of the tires you're running. You also have to adjust your driving style as tires wear regardless of what type of tires you buy.

I wouldn't worry about the tires..... unless they piss you off, you can get a set of tires anytime and within a day. It's not like you HAVE to replace them now.

If you're THAT worried about winter driving - get yourself a separeate set of cheap steal wheels and mount some blizzak tires on them. Those are probably the best snow tires you can buy. Put this set of wheels/tires on during the winter and store them in the shed for spring-fall.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
sourdough44 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
sourdough44's Tacoma Gallery
Yes to Blizzacks/Winter duellers. We have 3 vehicles & 2 dedicated Winter tires for each. I have 2 sets mounted on their own wheels, the others I have changed. Once you get used to them it's hard to go back to an 'all season' tire. I look at it as cheap insurance & almost a lifesaver at times. You do have to search around some to find a dealer that will sell you 2. Yes 4 is better than 2, but 2 is better than zero.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #9

JoshO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I have nowhere to store the tires in the summer though. I was stupid and sold my house and more importantly my garage.