1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can I run 265/70R17 Winter tires ?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by EricGagne, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Aug 11, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    EricGagne

EricGagne [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Literider Tonneau Cover, RAM Mount Laptop Support. Uniden CB RTT and awning with self-designed custom rack Dual battery system - National Luna solenoid and monitor, Columbia Overland dual battery tray, 2 Odyssey PC1200 12 circuits Fuse block with 80A macro fuse block "breaker" OME suspension Replaced passenger area with a flat platform for my ARB fridge and camping clothes. Tiregate HG series
    Friday I'm getting my new 2010 TRD Off Road Tacoma and I'm trading my FJ Cruiser. My FJ currenctly has 16" Procomp steelies with 33" Mud tires and I'm using the FJ's original mags for my winter tires.

I'm wondering if I can run my 32" (265/70R17) winter tires on the stock Tacoma without any rubbing issues.

Anyone can help me with that ?

Edit: I've been checking around here and on other sites and from what I can see there won't be any problems but if anyone can confirm that I would appreciate.

2. Aug 11, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    bowhunter!!

bowhunter!! lordhavmercy

Member:
    nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport 4x4
    Seatbelt alarm disabled, weathertec floor liners, gamehide realtree AP seatcovers,soc decals, realtree AP bugshield and rain guards
    i am running 265 70 r17 nitto terra graps . they have about a inch of clearance

3. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    EricGagne

EricGagne [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Literider Tonneau Cover, RAM Mount Laptop Support. Uniden CB RTT and awning with self-designed custom rack Dual battery system - National Luna solenoid and monitor, Columbia Overland dual battery tray, 2 Odyssey PC1200 12 circuits Fuse block with 80A macro fuse block "breaker" OME suspension Replaced passenger area with a flat platform for my ARB fridge and camping clothes. Tiregate HG series
    That good news, thanks. That's gonna save me about a 1000$ and some hassle.

4. Aug 11, 2010 at 5:16 PM
    Archangel

Archangel Insurance Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    '13 IS250
    265/70/17 BFG All-Terrains and no rub issues what-so-ever

5. Aug 11, 2010 at 5:20 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    short answer YES if you dont stuff the tire at full lock. even then no big deal.

Products Discussed in

To Top