Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

33 General Grabbers or 35 General AT2s

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
33 General Grabbers or 35 General AT2s

OK

so the lift goes on in just over two weeks ( 6" fabtech, Alcan leafs, Icons)

and I still need to order tires ( 17" XD addicts for them to go on)

I have the option to get a set of 33 12.50 Grabbers ( the new ones)

or I can put at set of AT2s on it.

If I put the AT2s I was going to put 35s on it

I think a nice aggressive 33 looks nice with the 6", but I am afraid that the AT will look too small which is why I was going to bump that one up to 35 ( being an AT it shouldnt be too catchy if it rubs a little)

What do you guys think? I spend most of my off road time on the beach, but I would like to get into some of the other VA trails in time.

There are other option I know, but I get a killer deal on these two.

Thanks in advance for any input, I am torn here.

Justin
Old 08-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the AT2s were the Grabbers??? i have a set on my truck and they were called General Grabbers AT2... is the mud tire called just plain grabber?

Anyways...unless you re-gear you will not be happy with the performance of your vehicle and its power.just stick with 33's unless your going to re-gear within the early life of your tires. just my 2 cents. you can check out my build to see what it looks like with 33's
Old 08-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
he has a supercharger so for now I dont think the power loss will be too bad, I would wait for like another month and dont buy the new grabbers from 4wp and get 35s. I know you get a discount but still its better that you pay a lil more and get what you want.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post
I thought the AT2s were the Grabbers??? i have a set on my truck and they were called General Grabbers AT2... is the mud tire called just plain grabber?

Anyways...unless you re-gear you will not be happy with the performance of your vehicle and its power.just stick with 33's unless your going to re-gear within the early life of your tires. just my 2 cents. you can check out my build to see what it looks like with 33's

AT2's

new Grabber

I say get the new Grabbers.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 AM   #5
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
he has a supercharger so for now I dont think the power loss will be too bad, I would wait for like another month and dont buy the new grabbers from 4wp and get 35s. I know you get a discount but still its better that you pay a lil more and get what you want.

I just found a set of worn out 35s in town for 50 bucks. I might throw those on there until I can get the grabbers. plus I can see how I like the performance of 35s I just dont like the idea of multiple mountings and jacking up a rim

damn this is a hard decision. I like both tires

Justin
Old 08-12-2010, 04:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post

Thats really nice looking, how have they done for you in the dirt?

thanks

Justin
Old 08-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #7
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
I like the AT2 from a cosmetic standpoint. But if I were you I would go 35's. It would set your rig apart from all the 3" guys.