Notices

fishing wagon tire question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
bagster is on a distinguished road
Army: dog handler
bagster's Tacoma Gallery
fishing wagon tire question

I have a 2010 Prerunner SR5 with stock Dunsuck tires. The only time my truck leaves the pavement is when I head to one of my fishing holes. Sometimes, I drive down muddy roads , or barrel through the occasional mud hole. Since my vehicle is a 2WD, would the front tires make any difference as to what kind of thread they have as far as traction goes since the power is coming from the rear? Most of the mud I drive in is sand-based, and not the gooy-stick stuff.
Also, if I put a couple of AT's or mudders on the rear only and left the front stock, how dorky would that look? I had mud grips on the rear only of my '78 chevy 1/2 ton, 6-banger and the set-up worked great. The body on that pickup was so banged up that appearance was not an issue.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Get 4 of the same all-terrain or mudders, and call it a day. Doing that will give you the ability to rotate them and get more even wear out of them and they'll last longer than you just leaving them in the rear.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:03 AM   #3
bivey will become famous soon enoughbivey will become famous soon enough

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Get 4 of the same all-terrain or mudders, and call it a day. Doing that will give you the ability to rotate them and get more even wear out of them and they'll last longer than you just leaving them in the rear.
X2