Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Blackwall or White Letter?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
Robert Smith has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Smith has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Smith has a spectacular aura about
Robert Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Blackwall or White Letter?

About to replace the stock blackwall dunlop grandtrek tires with a new set of tires. Debating on sticking with blackwall or going with white letter.Going on a 07 PreRunner Dcab. Appreciate opionions. Thanks,
Old 08-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
I have always thought that raised white letters looked best
Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
Blackwall. I think white letters do not look good.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Blackwalls on dark wheels, white letters on light colored wheels. That's my opinion.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
bluesurfur will become famous soon enough
Air Force: CONS
Name: Scott
bluesurfur's Tacoma Gallery
white letters will show brake dust and age...I have always had black
Old 08-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
ive always prefered the white lettering over blackwalls
Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
There was a poll on this a while back and black letters out won overwhelmingly.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
White letterings look nice in my opinion but they turn black and stay that way, which really sucks.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:29 AM   #10
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
White letterings look nice in my opinion but they turn black and stay that way, which really sucks.
Bleach white works very well on white letters, and I've never had a problem keeping them white and clean
Old 08-18-2010, 05:42 AM   #11
Zork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to all
Zork's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

I had white letters out on my last set, and thought it looked Nascarish. This time around I went black wall, and it looks way better. Really a personal choice though.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
be different.....white-out.....ftw!!!!!
no no no, you can't say white-out. That's all racist sounding in this "politically correct" mess our government has spun up for us. Correction fluid is the new white-out.

white letters out has their place but not on offroad vehicles IMO. But that's no reason for OP not to make his own decision..............
Old 08-18-2010, 06:15 AM   #13
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of clean white letters. But I hate trying to keep clean. So when I'm due for new tires I'll be going black, and I'll never go back!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #14
Boosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really nice

Name: Cliff
Boosted17's Tacoma Gallery
I like blackwall best!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #15
Art is on a distinguished road
Army: 67T1F  -  Blackhawk Crewchief
Name: Art
Art's Tacoma Gallery
I always put a nice set of tires on my vehicles, I want to show them off, so I always have white wall out. If you are getting just regular tires, blackwall
Old 08-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #16
Discount Tire Company
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
I like the look of clean white letters. But I hate trying to keep clean. So when I'm due for new tires I'll be going black, and I'll never go back!
That's what she said!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #17
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Bleach white works very well on white letters, and I've never had a problem keeping them white and clean
So do you spray bleach on the white letters??
Old 08-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #18
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
White Out!!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #19
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Defintely like the white out also.....
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #20
Toysareus is on a distinguished road

Army:
Toysareus's Tacoma Gallery
Blackwall out!