LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Lug Nuts for Moto Metal 951b

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 04:32 AM   #1
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Instructor: AAAB/Bravo Co 1-210 AVN REGT/128th AVN BDE (Provisional)
Name: Ryan Mathis
Location: Lives: Newport News, VA(soon to be Ft. Carson)/Home: Leesburg, GA
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Lug Nuts for Moto Metal 951b

I am looking at getting the Moto Metal 951b and was wondering if i needed new lug nuts or can i use the ones that i have on my truck currently. I have a 2006 TRD OR 4x4 with stock rims and lug nuts. if i do need new ones, what kinda do i need to get and where online can i get them?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 AM   #2
STLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutSTLTaco09 has a spectacular aura about
STLTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
I was told that you need new ones when I got the same wheels. I ended up with a Gorilla Spline drive kit, similar to these:

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla.locks.page_25

It's been a while since I've rotated them, so I can't remember 100% for sure, but I believe its the "Short Mag" found on that link. I was told the Acorn type isn't the proper type for the moto metals, and that the ones I have now center the wheel on the hub properly.

Having said that, I did use the factory ones for a very short time until someone told me that was incorrect. They worked, but these are also working, plus you need a key to get them off which is a plus.

Edit: now that I look again, it could be the standard mag. Sorry I'm not sure which I'm using, hope this helps a little though.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:06 AM   #3
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks i appreciate what u gave me. do u know what size they are? 12mm x 1.25 or 12 mm x 1.50?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:25 AM   #4
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
It's 12x1.5 and you're looking for an ET-style set of lugs. They have a small shank that helps center the wheels on the hub. Hope this helps
Old 08-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #5
Dark Lord of the Sith

does the length matter? 1.4in compared to 1.8in lug nuts?

and sorry for all the questions. just lookin for the right ones
Old 08-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
length shouldn't be a problem, considering that the hub application is gonna take care of that for you