Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Mud Flap question...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Mud Flap question...

Ok, so I've read numerous threads where people remove their mud flaps all together, and when people modify their mud flaps, other people tell them to just remove them all together. What exactly is their purpose, and what benifits do you receive when you remove them? Sorry, just a random question I've been wondering for a long time.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Reasons to remove: Looks mostly. Rubbing with larger tires. Also, while off road, they can be damaged and get just another thing to get in the way.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
^^x2^^
Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
most of the damage that can occur is if you have your wheels sticking out of the wheel wells, thats when shit gets kicked up and really can damage the side of your truck! With my current lift setup, when I go wheeling I will get my tires throwing up rocks and it will hit my side view mirror. That the only thing I can really tell it hit because I hit it and there are gouges in my side view mirror
Old 08-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ok...that makes sense. So...they basically keep the crap from the road being chucked back that would damage your side/paint/etc... I don't really mind how they look, I'll have to see if my new wheels/tires rub though, if they do, that would be a good reason to remove them. Thanks a bunch guys!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
I removed mine and soley because of the look i was going for.