Help getting some new tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
IrishTaco is on a distinguished road
Army: SF gen mech
Name: Patrick
IrishTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Help getting some new tires

Hey guys got a stock 08 trd sport 4x4 and wanted to get some new tires on it, was thinking of some that give an "off roadish" look. of course in the future ill be wanting to do some offroading but not sacrifice ride quality as i drive alot on the highway. any suggestions? thanks
Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
I've had 2 sets of Brigestone duler REVO's on my old truck and loved them. Not very noisey, great for the trail riding (mild off roading) i did and really well manared on the road. They get excellent ratings at tirerack also.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
being stock with no lift the biggest i can get is 32's right?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Duratracs

Old 08-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
michaelmad21 is on a distinguished road

Name: Michael
michaelmad21's Tacoma Gallery

BF Goodrich KM2 not loud at all and gives it a great aggresive look
Old 08-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
you can never go wrong with BFG A/T's
Old 08-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
bfg all terrains, but the load e's are heavy as fawk.

goodyear wrangler duratracs have treated me great.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
wooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwooddogg922 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Woody
wooddogg922's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to wooddogg922
Went from BFG's to the Nitto Terra Grapplers. Not as loud, and I like the ride quality on and off road.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
link below has a bunch to look at and get an idea.....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...res-tires.html
Old 08-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #11
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTaco View Post
Hey guys got a stock 08 trd sport 4x4 and wanted to get some new tires on it, was thinking of some that give an "off roadish" look. of course in the future ill be wanting to do some offroading but not sacrifice ride quality as i drive alot on the highway. any suggestions? thanks
If I was buying tires based on your criteria (I can't believe some suggested M/T's for you!) - I'd probably get the Bridgestones people have been suggested because you can get them at Costco (which I like to get my tires at, except they no longer carry the BFG A/T in my area). The Nittos mentioned would be good too - they're quieter than the BFG's....
Old 08-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-TRAIN View Post
GENARAL GRABBER A/T
never had a set, but i've heard nothing but good things!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
oh and im also in washington state so having good traction in rain is also a must. i liked those good year dura tracs, any good in the rain? oh and thanks for all the replies!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
oh and anyone got a good site to pick some of these up? or try a local discount tire?
Old 08-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #16
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
discount tire has a 20 mail-in rebate on the duratracs, and an 80 mail-in on the MTR w/ Kevlar for the next two weeks..
Old 08-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #17
ok for the dura tracs 265/70/17, mounted and all at discount tire +military discount
its $911 without the warranty and 1029 with it. good deal?
Old 08-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #18
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
yes, and go with the certificates you'll be glad you did. I'll be replacing my BFG A/T's when they die in about 60k, and putting on the BFG KM2's
Old 08-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #19
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I drive an 08 4x4 Rugged Trail. I just bought General Grabber AT2's and I really like them. They seem to stop just as good if not better than the stock Rugged Trails and are significantly quieter. (could be placebo, but I am fine with that)
Old 08-20-2010, 01:06 AM   #20
sanga700 will become famous soon enoughsanga700 will become famous soon enough
sanga700's Tacoma Gallery
Handkook Dynapro ATM is a good tire . IT's good for off foad, no road noise and exspecially cheaper than most other brand name . There're alot of TW members have them .