Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How many miles are you getting out of your Mud Terrains?

View Poll Results: How many miles do you get out of your Mud Terrains?
less than 20,000 3 30.00%
20,000-30,000 1 10.00%
30,000-40,000 3 30.00%
40,000 and above 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles are you getting out of your Mud Terrains?

With me going to college next year, I am thinking about setting my truck back down from 2.5" Bilsteins down to either 1.5" or 0" and back to stock tire size. I am looking at ATs because of all of the highway driving I would be doing. Right now, I have 285 Cooper STTs with about 4,000 miles on them.

Think I should keep my MTs and wear them down? Or trade them on here? BTW, I would be looking for stock wheels and almost new tires if we were going to trade, as I just got these tires/wheels before the summer.
Tires have to be 265/70/R16. PM me if you are interested.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
My old ones had 30,000 miles on them when they were slashed and they had about 60% tread left. I'd say they could've gotten maybe 65,000 miles.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Some of the colleges I'm looking at are about 7 hours away from my home. I am just getting worried about my truck being 10 years old. Want to keep it forever haha.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
ill trade you my stock front struts for your billies
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #5

Eh, If I can set them to 0" I will keep them, they are less than 6 months old.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
yea but you know you want my stock ones
Old 08-20-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
My Kumho MT's have 26,000 miles on them, rotated about every 5,000-6000 miles. They will be good till 30,000. They will still be good for street driving after 30K but the blocks will be less than ideal in the mud.

If I rotated them religiously I suppose they might last a little longer than 30K. Also my alignment is not ideal either, so they would last even longer, probablly 35K.

(not my tire in pic)
Attached Thumbnails
How many miles are you getting out of your Mud Terrains?-kumho.jpg  
Old 08-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
COOPER DISCOVERER STT

They are good for 40,000-45,000 miles... more if you want to run them to the very end.

Had them on my '05, very noisy on the highway and terrible in sand (grave diggers)... They look great and work great in mud, naturally.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #9

They were super quiet when I first got them, but now you can hear them. Not annoying, but a deep rumble sometimes.

You got 40,000 out of yours?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #10
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
They were super quiet when I first got them, but now you can hear them. Not annoying, but a deep rumble sometimes.

You got 40,000 out of yours?
Mine were loud from the very start... I learned to live with it (and crank up Van Halen and AC/DC while I drove)!

Yes, they gave me the most mileage of any tire I have had so far on my 3 Tacomas. Most won't go more than 30-35 K. They had more rubber than any other tire, so it would last... also paid more for them ($185 back in '06).
Old 08-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #11

Bump on the tire trade. Looking for BFG Ats or similar tire in 265
Old 08-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #12
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5 dunlop radial rover AT's. about 80% on 4 and 100% on the spare.
Some slight wear to the outsides of the fronts from when I didnt get it alligned after my lift.

265/70/16 on MB V drive rims.
I also have the stock rims of my truck when I swapped them out. There 16's as well. (the 5 star)
Old 08-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post

They are good for 40,000-45,000 miles... more if you want to run them to the very end.

Had them on my '05, very noisy on the highway and terrible in sand (grave diggers)... They look great and work great in mud, naturally.
Great lookin tire...I'm keeping these in mind when I upgrade soon
Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #14
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
My Kumho MT's have 26,000 miles on them, rotated about every 5,000-6000 miles. They will be good till 30,000. They will still be good for street driving after 30K but the blocks will be less than ideal in the mud.

If I rotated them religiously I suppose they might last a little longer than 30K. Also my alignment is not ideal either, so they would last even longer, probablly 35K.

(not my tire in pic)

Actually I checked my ODO and it's got 28,000 on them. I can't find a single thing bad to say about these Kumho's. They are priced right, quiet on the freeway and do mud and mud snow mix awesome. There is one thing though (I lied). I'm kinda getting pissed that they have not worn out yet, so I can go with the 305/70's next time. Was thinking of doing Nitto mud grapplers but egh no.