Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Will these fit? 285/75/16

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Will these fit? 285/75/16

Duratracs? All the tire shops I spoke with today says that they rub on the UCA.
I have OME 881 coils up front with what looks to be a .5 spacer.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
And can I put a 1in top plate on to give me a solid 3"? I have the pro comp AAL and pro comp shocks in the rear and i'm still getting a little bit of rake towards the front.
I dont want to mess up my steering geometry but I keep hearing you can go a full 3" in the front.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Don't stack lifts. I think you will rub with the lift you have.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #4

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Don't stack lifts. I think you will rub with the lift you have.
What do you mean "Dont stack"?
I was gonna lose the .5 top plate and put the 1" in.

I looked and there seemed to be 2" between the top of the tire and the UCA.
Granted...the side wall bulges on the inside of the tire but thats aprox 2" down from the top of the tire.
If i'm correct, the 285/75 should give me only an inch of lift.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #5

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I guess what I'm asking is, is anyone running these tires on a 1st gen with a 2.5 or 3" lift?
Old 08-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thought you were planning on putting another spacer on top of what you already had. If you have 2-3" of lift you should be fine, you just might have to do a little trimming.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #7

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Yea. I dont mind trimming plastic. It's just that the 3 shops that I called for tires said they are going to rub on the UCA.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
bivey will become famous soon enoughbivey will become famous soon enough

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
They will rub at certain angles.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Are you running after market wheel? You'll rub on your UCA with stock wheels

I don't recommend wheel spacers

4.5 Back spacing is ideal
Old 08-29-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Are you running after market wheel? You'll rub on your UCA with stock wheels

I don't recommend wheel spacers

4.5 Back spacing is ideal
x2 this is going to depend entirely on your wheels now.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:42 AM   #13

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure of the backspacing on my current wheels which are MB V drive 16".
I would like to go with the pro comp series 52 or 98. So with the 4.5 backspacing on these rims, is my tire going to stick way the hell out? Not a big fan of that look.