Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New Wheels - FZJ0 Wheels & New Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
New Wheels - FZJ80 Wheels & New Tires

Well I finally got some new tires and wheels. I picked up a set of 16x8 FZJ80 Land Cruiser wheels from a guy on IH8MUD. I took them into work and sandblasted them and then off to a local powdercoater for a coat of semi-gloss black.

For tires I was having a hard time making a decision. I ended up going with 285/75/16 Treadwright BFG AT wannabes. I couldn't find anything bad about them by people that have had them. I have racked 2k on them both on and off road over the last couple weeks and they have performed flawlessly. They had no problems balancing them either. I do get some rubbing on the fram at full lock and some on the backs of the front fenders but I think I about have most of that cleared up.

I have a 5th wheel I have to blast & have coated sitting in the garage yet to be done this week hopefully. I do need to order some centercaps off Ebay for them though.

I am extremely happy the way they came out.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 08-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck
Old 10-29-2010, 05:45 AM   #5
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I do still need to pick up some Ebay center caps.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:48 AM   #6
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
looks good without center caps imo
what was the price difference between the treadwrights and bfgs?
Old 10-29-2010, 05:57 AM   #7
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 10-29-2010, 06:27 AM   #8
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
looks good without center caps imo
what was the price difference between the treadwrights and bfgs?
I ordered 5 when I did. They were around $95 each tire plus shipping (don't remember how much). That size BFG AT is @ $225.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:13 AM   #9
Jessrin is on a distinguished road
Name: Jesse
Jessrin's Tacoma Gallery
MAN!! I really like your truck.. looking at that makes me miss my 04 double cab.. i really like the rack on the roof. i did the same to mine. i have a new rack for my 05 double cab now. just have to order the roof rack to mount it now. Yep, you have a very nice looking truck..
Old 12-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #11
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
I ordered 5 when I did. They were around $95 each tire plus shipping (don't remember how much). That size BFG AT is @ $225.
WHAT! thats 650 you saved where did you get these tires from?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:35 AM   #12
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. If I did it all over again with the roof rack though I would go with the aftermarket gutter-style mounting. The factory rack that it is mounted to is only good for @ #75. I don't put a lot up there but I would just like it to be sturdier. Plus it would put the rack a little lower.

Oh yea. My center caps should be on the way! I just went with some cheaper Ebay ones. I questioned the guys at IH8MUD about them and they said the cheaper ones work fine.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #13
swollen member
covefrog08 is on a distinguished road

covefrog08's Tacoma Gallery
sweet rig dude ready to camp
Old 12-31-2010, 07:19 AM   #14
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
WHAT! thats 650 you saved where did you get these tires from?
http://www.treadwright.com/

I was having a hard time deciding what ATs I wanted. I researched these and could not find anyone that ever had any with a bad thing to say. I have been running them in all kinds of terrain for 5k miles now (including @ "4 snow) and they have performed beyond my expectations. They have more agressive tread patterns too but it varies what is available in what size. I am one very happy Treadwright customer and will more than likely buy them again when the time comes.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:46 AM   #15
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is looking better and better every post...
Old 12-31-2010, 03:07 PM   #16
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.treadwright.com/

I was having a hard time deciding what ATs I wanted. I researched these and could not find anyone that ever had any with a bad thing to say. I have been running them in all kinds of terrain for 5k miles now (including @ "4 snow) and they have performed beyond my expectations. They have more agressive tread patterns too but it varies what is available in what size. I am one very happy Treadwright customer and will more than likely buy them again when the time comes.
they are a re-cap right????can you see where they re-capped them????what for warranty do they have???they look like awsome tires.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:21 PM   #17
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
they are a re-cap right????can you see where they re-capped them????what for warranty do they have???they look like awsome tires.
I could tell for the first 5 or so months. I don't really clean my tires much so you can't really tell anymore.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #18
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I could tell for the first 5 or so months. I don't really clean my tires much so you can't really tell anymore.
gottcha.thanks