Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

16" 7089's brake caliper issue?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
16" 7089's brake caliper issue?

i've been pretty solid on my decision to get 16x8 pro comp 7089's for a while now. i've just been saving up till i got the $$$. i was just browsing some threads mentioning 7089's and noticed that someone said that the 16" 7089's might interfere with the brake caliper. i was planning on ordering them in a week or so, but now i don't want to order them and then they won't work. this is where you guys come in. anybody with 16x8 pro comp 7089's/or knows a definite answer on this: will these work?

it made me think about whenever i tried to enter my vehicle on jcwhitney to see if they were compatible, it always said they weren't. i'm wondering if it's because of the caliper issue. hopefully it was just a glitch and the guy that mentioned it was wrong. i don't want to move up to a 17" wheel. it's just not enough tire and too much wheel for me. thanks in advance for the answers.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for all the help guys. but if anyone else was wondering the same thing and is reading this thread, the 16x8 7089's will fit with no issues. anyone that tells you otherwise is wrong.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I know solus has them, lemme find a build thread
Old 11-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...94s-build.html
Old 11-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
I know solus has them, lemme find a build thread
lol, thanks man. but this was a thread i had made a while back. nobody ever responded, so i just bought them and tried. i just posted that the 16x8's will work for anyone that might read this in the future.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #6

lol I should read occasionally