Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

A few Fj wheel questions???...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
A few Fj wheel questions???...

Are these wheels a Toyota factory product, made by BBS?

I believe they are 17x8...will they fit my Tacoma without spacers, etc?

Will they sit within the wheel well like my stock 16" steelies, or will they sit further out toward the fender flare?

Does Michelin make a LTX M/S2 tire to fit this wheel? A p265/75/17?

Other tire options/recommendations for this wheel...for a truck that sees 99% road/highway use.

TIA...all

Old 08-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Are these wheels a Toyota factory product, made by BBS?

I believe they are 17x8...will they fit my Tacoma without spacers, etc?

Will they sit within the wheel well like my stock 16" steelies, or will they sit further out toward the fender flare?

Does Michelin make a LTX M/S2 tire to fit this wheel? A p265/75/17?

Other tire options/recommendations for this wheel...for a truck that sees 99% road/highway use.

TIA...all
1. They're 17x7.5
2. 265/75/17 doesn't exist
3. they should sit pretty close to the same spot that your steelies sit
4. Michelin makes the M/S2's in 265/65/17 and 265/70/17
5. Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza, BFGoodrich Long Trail T/A Tour
6. They're not made by BBS
Old 08-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
1. They're 17x7.5
2. 265/75/17 doesn't exist
3. they should sit pretty close to the same spot that your steelies sit
4. Michelin makes the M/S2's in 265/65/17 and 265/70/17
5. Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza, BFGoodrich Long Trail T/A Tour
6. They're not made by BBS
Thanks.

Wonder why the post would have "brand new in the box"...and be BBS boxes in the post pics?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/1911455233.html
Old 08-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No problem. I have a set of these sitting in my shop and I'm debating on taking my Tundra TRD's off and put these on. I know for a fact they're 17x7.5, and they're not made by bbs. I will take a pic of the back of these wheels tomorrow at work and post.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
Discount Tire Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
The biggest size tire you can run stock (no lift) is a 265/70/17. Can't wait to see them on the truck!
actually I've put 275/70/17, 275/60/17, and 285/60/17 without lift or rub (granted on aftermarket wheels)
Old 08-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
actually I've put 275/70/17, 275/60/17, and 285/60/17 without lift or rub (granted on aftermarket wheels)
Interesting, I don't have any first hand experience on what fits, just the general consensus here on TW.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
I have these wheels. Yes they're a Toyota factory product, stock on all FJ's thru '09
Old 08-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
Discount Tire Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Interesting, I don't have any first hand experience on what fits, just the general consensus here on TW.
It's all I do for a living (Manager at Discount Tire)
Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
I have these wheels. Yes they're a Toyota factory product, stock on all FJ's thru '09
I also have these exact wheels, and they look great on the Tacoma.

The seller probably went to a local wheel dealer and asked for empty boxes to ship the wheels he has for sale. They just throw them away.

That's exactly what I did when I sold my 17" Sport rims. I went to a local dealer and asked them for 4 17" wheel boxes. They had a small stack that was broken down, ready to go out in the trash. They were happy to give them away.