Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

opinions: Nitto Terra grapplers or Pro-comp all terrain

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
opinions: Nitto Terra grapplers or Pro-comp all terrain

Im trying to decide between the two.

Nittos are $570 shipped
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NIT-200400

Pro-Comp all-terrains are $832 shipped.....but come with the 50,000 mile warranty.
http://www.tirepackage.com/Tires/Rad...0806&t_pl=3357

any input is welcome.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I had the Nittos for a while...they were great off road but they didn't last for shit on road! I only got 27,000 miles out of em, and they were slicks!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
ya thats what im curious about. how long i can expect the nittos to last...
Old 08-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 08-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on my second set of nitto's. Great tread wear but I rotate them every oil change and drive like a grandpa. First set got over 34000, sold them and the guy ran them for quite a while after.

I almost got the procomp AT's this last go'round but decided against it after reading reviews.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

I almost got the procomp AT's this last go'round but decided against it after reading reviews.
what were the reviews saying that made you not get them?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
matt1381 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
matt1381's Tacoma Gallery
I have the procomp all terrains. I put the on at 20,000 miles and currently have 54,500. They have about half tread left. I would buy them again. I do mostly city driving and some wheeling. They work good in mud and dirt for wheeling. They are pretty quite. All I do is rotate them every oil change.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dude,

The shop I bought my Nitto TG from guaranteed them for 50k miles
$550 out the door for all 4.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #10
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
Dude,

uhh dude...
where at?
Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Are you mocking me?

Some local tire shop. I have about 15k on them right now and so far so good.
I also rotate them about ever 5k just like dark knight mentioned.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #12
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
haha no mocking. that just sounds like a helluva deal.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
Dude,

yea their full of shit too
Old 08-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
Baja bound

Well it's on the invoice he gave me... so it's not like he just said it..

He might of been full of shit but he's also full of money... and it's in writing with the miles when i got them installed as well so maybe he'll buy me my second set

I'm just saying though. I've never owned them before so maybe they won't last that long.. we'll see though. I haven't owned other all terrain tires before so I can't compare but I love my Nitto TG's.. They handle really well off and on road.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #16
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
I have the pro comp all terrains and I cannot stand them. (they were on there when I got the truck.) My next set will either be NTG or BFG KM2s