Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Swapping out spare?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Swapping out spare?

OK, so, I've been pondering this for a while...I upgraded my tire size to 265/75/16 so I know I need to also upgrade my spare tire size as well. Now, should I get another rim that is the same as whats on my truck? or keep the spare as the spare? I mean, technically, I'll RARELY ever use it (hopefully never), but will the stock spare wheel be any different from the wheels I'm running now? (SE FJ TRD wheels)

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
as long as the rim is the same siza as your new one you will be golden...
but it is always nice to have a exact spare for when you damage a rim
just my 2 cents
Old 08-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hmmm thats very true. It's also handy if you want to swap in your spare when you rotate your tires...i guess I'll have to think about that. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
oh and, they are both 16 inch rims, is that really the only size wheels have?